MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Anyone able to get the HVR-A1U HDV camera to downconvert to DV in M100HD 11.5?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael C.
Anyone able to get the HVR-A1U HDV camera to downconvert to DV in M100HD 11.5?
on Jan 16, 2007 at 7:58:01 pm

I shot a lot of footage on the Sony HVR-A1U in HDV (1080i) mode. The camera is supposed to be able to output a 480i signal via the iLink firewire cable. I have all the correct down convert settings AFAIK.

Has anyone been able to take in downconverted HDV video from any SONY camera? I can't even get the downconvert to work in iMovie. But the camera display shows that it is outputting HDV->DV out.

Also, the M100 isn't controlling the camera (but iMovie does).

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: Anyone able to get the HVR-A1U HDV camera to downconvert to DV in M100HD 11.5?
on Jan 17, 2007 at 12:22:34 am

Hi Michael,

I've successfully digitsed projects from a Z1E in downconvert mode straight into my iXS DV. There were no issues with either the signal or the control. That said I haven't used the camera you mention.

My only thought is maybe HDV-DV out actually means it is trying to output the signal as HDV and the DV is meaning the port? Try it counter the other way just in case!

Sorry I can't help further, but good luck!

K

Return to posts index

Michael C.
Re: Anyone able to get the HVR-A1U HDV camera to downconvert to DV in M100HD 11.5?
on Jan 17, 2007 at 5:59:56 pm

I had that thought too, but wasn't able to get the DV signal either... Also, since the M100 never controls the camera (any time control button I hit simply highlights the stop button... but no actions occur).

Maybe this camera just isn't compatible??

Return to posts index

Tom Gillen
on Jan 17, 2007 at 7:17:14 pm

I have an HVR-V1U and I am experiencing the same problem. No control and no video in Producer. The stop botton lights up whenever I press the play botton.

Return to posts index

Michael C.
on Jan 17, 2007 at 10:22:33 pm

Thanks Tom... So this seems like a compatibility issue.

My work around has been to import the stuff to iMovie and then export into M100HD... But, of course, this makes my 11.5 upgrade useless at this point. :(

Return to posts index

topher944
on Jan 19, 2007 at 4:20:12 am

Hey Guys, does either of you have the old rosetta stone /serial controller and the lanc cable? Maybe the M100 would see it then. Run deck control through the Lanc cable and info through the firewire. It could be a conflict for the port with HDV info and machine control. Just a thought. Best of luck! Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

Michael C.
on Jan 19, 2007 at 6:11:17 pm

topher,

I've had M100s since '93, but I'm not sure which cable you're talking about. Currently I'm working off M100HD 11.5.1... And it is the HDx original M100HD hardware... Using the Mac Firewire in for connection to the camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]