MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How soon for Intel compliant?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Issko
How soon for Intel compliant?
on Jan 15, 2007 at 3:56:27 am

Now that Boris has its mainstream products Universal Binary, how much longer will it be until Media 100 joins the Intel compliant family?

Return to posts index

David C.
Re: How soon for Intel compliant?
on Jan 15, 2007 at 5:02:27 pm

Hi David,

Keep an eye out for more information. We have been working on the Intel version for some time now and have made some very good progress. More information as it becomes available, but it's safe to say that we want to ship a quality, stable product as soon as possible.

Dave

Return to posts index

john
by
on Jan 15, 2007 at 10:00:58 pm

david

you may have missed the PR - in case you did

"it plans to support the new Apple

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Jan 16, 2007 at 4:25:47 am

Thanks David and John.

I have been aware of M100's plan to be Intel compliant in early Q1, 2007 since last year when announced.
I have also read that M100 would be ready in January so here we are mid Jan with all other Boris stuff ready for Intel and I was hoping for M100 to be very close. I understand that there are hardware issues as well as software issues to contend with.

I have been patient for some months now waiting to upgrade, so I suppose a few more weeks won't hurt too much.

Looking forward to HD Suite.

David Issko

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 16, 2007 at 3:27:02 pm

David, what's wrong with going with the current 11.5.1 and the Dual G5? Is the Intel set up so much better?

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Jan 16, 2007 at 9:59:36 pm

Hi Michael,

The last thing is that I am in a hurry to upgrade to HD. My move to HD is a want to rather than a have to. I'm sure once I make the move I won't know myself. So time has been on my side and my plan is for a 2007 upgrade, so I wait for the Intel M100.

Thanks for your input.

David Issko

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
on Jan 17, 2007 at 5:45:02 pm

I

Return to posts index

David C.
on Jan 16, 2007 at 5:39:08 pm

David,

I hear you. And I am well aware I did not publish a date. I'm not ready to do that just yet as we take 3 steps forward and 1 step back every day with the Intel port. Look for a beta program to start up soon, if that is any indication. We are not planning a long beta period. When we are more comfortable with a release date I will publish that date.

Dave

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Jan 16, 2007 at 10:00:24 pm

David,

I look forward to it whenever it arrives. Thanks again.
David Issko

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]