MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 Producer - is it all you need for SD DVCAM? Also, After Effects or Boris Red?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Taplin
M100 Producer - is it all you need for SD DVCAM? Also, After Effects or Boris Red?
on Jan 12, 2007 at 5:18:55 pm

Hi

I'm thinking of upgrading to an intel Mac (fastest available at the time - probably late summer) and OSX Leopard.

Currently all my work is DVCAM so I'm assuming that Producer with Firewire is all I'm going to need until the move to HD? Is there any point in going M100 SDe with an AJA card? If anyone gives me analogue material at the moment I dub it to DVCAM anyway. Most of my output is to DVD and the web with occasional DVCAM mastering.

Be interested to know of any flaw in this plan!

Also, anyone have a view on the merits of Boris Red over After Effects in terms of workflows with Producer. I'm very comfortable in After Effects - don't know Red at all.

Andy

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: M100 Producer - is it all you need for SD DVCAM? Also, After Effects or Boris Red?
by
on Jan 12, 2007 at 6:25:47 pm

[Andy Taplin] "Currently all my work is DVCAM so I'm assuming that Producer with Firewire is all I'm going to need until the move to HD? Is there any point in going M100 SDe with an AJA card?"

The only advantage in your situation is that you can connect a broadcast/video monitor directly to your system via the Aja cards. Otherwise you have to use some sort of FireWire->monitor converter, e.g. your deck or a camera. This will add some delay due to the FireWire->Analog conversion, but it does work.

[Andy Taplin] "Also, anyone have a view on the merits of Boris Red over After Effects in terms of workflows with Producer. I'm very comfortable in After Effects - don't know Red at all."

The big advantage is that Red can be launched within Media 100 directly. You don

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
Re: M100 Producer - is it all you need for SD DVCAM? Also, After Effects or Boris Red?
on Jan 12, 2007 at 6:46:06 pm

Good point about the monitoring - I'll think about the work around.

I will probably put the time into Boris - might be easier to learn than AFX!

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]