MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HD Suite realm time performance

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark HollowayHD Suite realm time performance
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 6:54:01 am

I hadn't looked at M100 in years..and after clicking through some Boris links on their web site I stumbled into Media 100 territory and saw the power of the HD Suite. I find it interesting that with a Kona 3 you basically have the same type of hardware that you would get on a Linux Smoke, but for much cheaper. Those systems are now using the AJA Xena line of cards (PC compatible version of Kona). So why would you pay $69,995 (SD) or $125,000 (HD) for a Smoke? The software capabilities? Because the SD/HD upvert/downvert functionality is identical now on M100 and Smoke HD.

BTW, I'm not the biggest fan of FCP Studio. It has its cool features, but HD Suite with Boris Red seems much more appealing to me.. Before today I was thinking about starting with Avid Media Composer software and grow into an Adrenaline HD at some point..roughly $23k I believe. A bit steep unless I could start making some real money. Now sure if it's worth the $23k..but instead of comparing that to FCP, I've shifted gears to HD Suite, which I think will fit nicely.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved