MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Unrecoverable Error

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944Unrecoverable Error
by on Jan 11, 2007 at 11:50:56 pm

I located the first spot the audio corrupted on the aiff file and went there on the timeline.
When I tried to play the program from there I got:

Unrecoverable Error
Error: -19111
Socket: 7
File: RTE Play
Line: 2131
Hard Rev 182

The last two things I did were:
Install BitVice Demo
Install New M100 Codecs

(Export was failing before the M100 codecs were installed but it wasn't crashing during playback)
Any thoughts? Kind Regards, Chris

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Unrecoverable Error
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 12:07:07 am

I doubt that either BitVice or the codecs are responsible for this. Sounds like either a damaged audio file or a harddrive problem. Have you checked your media drives lately with e.g. Apple DiskUtility?
Try to locate the problematic audio file in the Finder and see if it plays correctly in QuickTime Player

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Unrecoverable Error
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 12:25:07 am

If I turn off an audio track in the timeline, does media 100 not look for it - or does it just not output the signal from that track? Disk utility shows all drives working properly. Will try to ID the bad clip. Thanks! Chris

Return to posts index

topher944Re: ID'd Bad Audio Clip
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 12:49:58 am

Floh, is there any way to reimport music from a CD and have the m100 relink to it. It's something I've been trying to do but haven't succeeded - so I've perfected the "Match playing timecode on the new to the old piece" method and then copy nodes from the old clip that's had the media deleted from it. Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: ID'd Bad Audio Clip
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 11:31:01 am

Hi Chris,

Once you've matched the start TC you can use the "replace media" function to replace the empty clip with the new media. (Be sure to set the replace media preferences to allow for retention of the audio nodes though!)

K

Return to posts index

topher944Thank you!
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 6:01:59 pm

Thanks Kieran!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]