MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Crash during Xport by Self Contained

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944Crash during Xport by Self Contained
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 11:11:59 pm

I've got a 90 min program that is completely rendered which i'm trying to xport as self contained. It seems to get through the video ok but crashes during audio. A blank error screen comes up and will disappear with a click. Export continues to end then M100 crashes and the file is not usable. Is this a sign of corrupt media video/audio or a function of Ram Limitations. My intuition says that corrupt video would not render so maybe it's bad audio. Has anyone ever had problems with the audio transition tool that applys crossfades to the incoming and outgoing audio clips?

M100 8.2.2
OS 10.3.9
733 mhz
Vincent 601

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Crash during Xport by Self Contained
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 11:14:10 pm

Try exporting video only as self contained (you need audio as an extra clip if you want to go to DVDSP anyway). If that

Return to posts index

topher944Re: BTW Floh
by on Jan 10, 2007 at 12:17:02 am

Thanks, Floh - Glad to know I'm on the right track! Also, The new codecs for m100 has incredibly improved the render time for aspect conversion in AE. What was 2 hours per minute turned into 6 minutes per minute. Also, not moving the image by 1 pixel gave me a much closer/cleaner representation of the original. Any thoughts? Bitvice trial is now also working much faster and having done the conversion in AE there is no vertical banding when put to DVD via DVDSP. Is there a sharpness control in Bitvice that won't cause too much noise. Maybe AE has the better filter? Compressor seems to have handled the 640 to 720 conversion cleaner than AE which I don't understand - but the colors through Compressor are way off and are requiring a lot of adjustments. 1 setting does not work for the entire 90 minute program and recoloring every scene of the movie just for DVD seems rediculous. Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved