MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Floh - Can you confirm?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944Floh - Can you confirm?
by on Jan 8, 2007 at 5:24:45 am

I'd like to install the new M100 codecs described in the Aug 13 post from AJ Metz. I understand this will speed up some rendering as well as allow Compressor to read M100 reference/selfcontained files. (It's been crashing "Codec Not Installed".) There are three codecs listed in my Library

Which of these files are to be deleted and replaced with the new M100Codec.

Thankyou for your earlier instructions. They worked perfectly. However there was some softening in the AE converted file that we can't accept and I don't have time to diagnose. As well, the file would take 180 hours to render on my g4 dual 1.4 which I can't afford. Beautiful Colors in BitVice! Kind Regards! Chris K.

Compressor 1.2
QTPro 6.5
AE 6.5

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Floh - Can you confirm?
by on Jan 8, 2007 at 7:35:15 am

You can find the Codecs here, along with an instruction how to install tham. This should speed up your AE rendering dramatically.
Re the softening, try a short render in AE without moving your source layer down 1 pixel. Maybe this will be sharper...

Return to posts index

edunwodyRe: Floh - Can you confirm?
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 3:52:21 am

Will this have any speed change for RED?

Bright Blue Sky Productions
4811 Rivoli Dr
Macon, GA 31210

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Floh - Can you confirm?
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 8:16:09 am

[edunwody] "Will this have any speed change for RED?"

If you are referring to Red as a standalone Render Engine on a Media 100 i system, yes. Red uses either the Hardware Codec or the software codecs if you do not launch it from within Media 100. The software codecs are considerably faster, so all File In/File Out will be much faster. The actual rendering will stay the same, though; so if you have very complex effects the read/write will not have a big share of the rendering time and therefore not affect the overall rendering time that much. But for "easy" effects this will be much faster.
If you open Red from inside Media 100 i, the movie clips will be handed over from Media 100; inside the Media 100 i application (and for exchange with PlugIns) the hardware codec is used always, so you won

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved