MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

multiplexing MPEG-2s with BitVice Helper

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tugs M. MacCow
multiplexing MPEG-2s with BitVice Helper
on Jan 4, 2007 at 1:15:01 am

Odd behaviour I've not encountered before:

I export my program from M100 as a QuickTime file. When I go to encode it in BitVice, it comes back with a message saying:

"BitVice can not decide which frame rate to use. QuickTime reports 22.14 frames/Sec in this movie, which is not compatible with this MPEG2 compressor. Please, tell BitVice the correct frame rate to use in the "Advanced" settings."

But when the BitVice window comes up, it's set to 25 fps as it should be (I live in the PAL universe). The encode then proceeds normally.

I then go to mux it with Helper. When I do so, no matter what I try, the resulting file has a soundtrack about 1/2 second behind the picture.

I'm using M100 7.5.1 on a G4 -- yes, I know it's antiquated, but it works -- and BitVice Lite 1.5.2. Can anyone shed any light on my problem -- preferably soon, as I have a job due tomorrow. Thanks very much in advance.

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: multiplexing MPEG-2s with BitVice Helper
on Jan 4, 2007 at 12:22:08 pm

Hi Tugs,

I have encountered this problem as well. If I'm right the resulting m2v file also has extra frames of white at the end.

For me, the problem was that I had inserted additional compression markers on the timeline. Removing them did the trick - everything back to normal.

Is there anything unusual on your timeline?

K

Return to posts index

Tugs M. MacCow
on Jan 4, 2007 at 4:27:14 pm

Thanks, Kieran. I've not noticed the white frame, though it may be there. I'm also not aware of adding any compression markers. However I've found a fix (just -- test confirmed it about 10 minutes ago). I'd been generically exporting the program as QT, i.e. with a bit of compression. Evidently the M100 compression and BitVice interfered in some way. I changed settings so that M100 exports uncompressed QT and everything seems to work.

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Jan 4, 2007 at 4:33:42 pm

Hi Tugs,

Glad it worked out for you.

BTW, any reason why you aren't just exporting as "by ref" (or self contained if on a different system) media 100 file?

K

Return to posts index

Tugs M. MacCow
on Jan 4, 2007 at 8:56:05 pm

I did at one point and oddly it also gave me problems. After that I think I just stuck to QT without thinking about it.

As it stands, I still have a problem: although I can make the muxed file and QuickTime plays it perfectly, I still can't get WMP to recognise it... which is par for the course with WMP in my experience. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]