MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How to transfer a .WMV from CR-R to a DVD?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsHow to transfer a .WMV from CR-R to a DVD?
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 10:13:36 pm

Media 100i xr 8.2.2 Mac OS 10.3.9 Flip4Mac 2.0 Quicktime Pro

A client has a CD-R with a slideshow and music (65mb) and they want to be able to play it on a DVD player and not just their computer. Because it is a .wmv I should be able to accomplish this, right? should I import it into Media 100 and then out again or is thee another easy conversion?

thanks, Jerome

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: How to transfer a .WMV from CR-R to a DVD?
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 10:39:23 pm

Hi Jerome,

Just use QT Pro to convert the wmv to mpeg2 (and the audio to aiff) then create a DVD in the normal way. The quality will only be as good as the original wmv (probably a little worse) but it will then play in the DVD player.

Hope that helps

K

Return to posts index

Jerome RobbinsRe: How to transfer a .WMV from CR-R to a DVD?
by on Jan 3, 2007 at 1:41:39 am

I conveted the audio to AIFF. converting the movie did not have an MPEG2 choice but it did have MPEG4 as an option. so, I chose that one. It is going to a couple of hours to convert. What is the difference between mpeg 2 and mpeg4 anyway?
thanks

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: How to transfer a .WMV from CR-R to a DVD?
by on Jan 3, 2007 at 2:37:02 am

Hi Jerome,

Mpeg 2 and 4 are different encoding systems and are used for different applications. Mpeg 4 is used on things like portable media players, mobile phones etc as it can create much smaller files whilst retaining watchability.

Although there are some DVD players that can play back Mpeg4, generally if the disc is to be played on a standalone DVD player then it has to be Mpeg 2.

Do you have the Quicktime Mpeg 2 component installed? IIRC, it has to be purchased separately from the Apple Store, though it does come with the Pro Apps like DVDSP.

K

Return to posts index

Jerome RobbinsRe: How to transfer a .WMV from CR-R to a DVD?
by on Jan 3, 2007 at 4:30:30 am

Thanks Kieran,
I have DVDStudioPro. So, I used QuicktimePro to convert the audio to AIFF and then dragged the Audio into DVDSP. I then dragged the wmv video file into DVDSP. I created a quick menu to Play it and burnt a DVD.

Thanks for your help,

jerome

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]