MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

New HDe board is a no-show

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary MilliganNew HDe board is a no-show
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 12:06:14 am

Hello all & Happy New Year!

After finally deciding to make the leap, my new HDe system arrived the other day. I installed the board into my (also new) Mac Pro (dual-core Intel Xeon, 3 GHz, 8GB RAM) only to find that the computer doesn't recognize it. When I open the system profiler, it knows there's something in slot 4 but it doesn't show as being a Media 100 board - it says it's a PCI-to-PCI Bridge. I tried running the Media 100 HD test but it doesn't even start... it comes up with an error dialogue - "Driver failed to open - Error #-19030". I also tried putting the board into a different slot but got the same result. The Apple hardware test shows no problems. Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: New HDe board is a no-show
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 12:25:35 am

It's not ready for the Mac Pro yet. It's been announced, but it's not yet shipping. So you need a G5 for now.

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: New HDe board is a no-show
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 12:34:31 am

Thanks for the quick reply, SoftHarbor... it's not what I wanted to hear though. I'll have to speak with my re-seller tomorrow to find out why he never said anything about that when I made the order. Obviously making a sale is more important then keeping the customer.

Thanks again.

Gary

Return to posts index

by on Jan 2, 2007 at 2:46:59 am

Just to be sure... it's the AJA board that's not being recognized by the computer. I realize the Media 100 software is not Universal yet and I was under the impression that the software will still work under 'Rosetta' and using a Mac Pro wasn't an issue. I also realize that the compatible peripherals guide hasn't tested a Mac Pro yet but my intuition says it should work. Am I wrong?

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: New HDe board is a no-show
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 5:16:43 am

The board is compatible, but the application can't talk to it in Rosetta. Producer works in Rosetta but it doesn't have to communicate with any hardware (except the Mac itself of course.) So your instinct is reasonable but incorrect. Still, it shouldn't be long before Media 100 releases the Intel version, but obviously that won't help you today.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 2, 2007 at 5:48:48 am

Thanks again. I guess that could explain why the board doesn't show up as a Media 100 product in the system profiler.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: New HDe board is a no-show
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 1:49:55 pm

Gary,
as SoftHarbor says the hardware systems are still under development for IntelMacs; and while the software-only product can use Rosetta (although slow), the hardware board cannot be accessed by the Media 100 software via Rosetta. But since the Hardware version is announced for January you maybe should get in touch with TechSupport (especially since you bought a new system). Maybe they will do a betatest which you can take part of to get the software earlier (although it may of course contain bugs).

Return to posts index

by on Jan 2, 2007 at 8:36:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Floh. However, I'm currently in the middle of a project (using my G4 system) and I don't feel I can afford the time to 'test' until I get through this one, which may be in a couple of weeks or so. I also have to do some system layout re-configuring before I actually switch over to using the Mac Pro. Perhaps within that time the official release of the software will happen. I do appreciate your response though... thanks again.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]