MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Problems with imported clips

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
efclicksProblems with imported clips
by on Dec 15, 2006 at 5:29:34 pm

Greetings:
Would love some brilliant ideas on how to get footage in and playing!

I've been trying to download archival footage and import the clips into a Media 100 i 8.23a

Been converting clips to various forms of quicktime and no matter what if I can get into the Media 100 get errors or the footage doesn't play--it stops and freezes.

I've gotten lines like check your system's performance and some real time errors occurred where there are no items to render.

Running on a G4 Dual 1.25 GHZ Mac with OS 10.4.6
Also never sure which format I should use either for
Downloading (choices vary, mpeg, mpg, mpeg4, avi etc)
and converting (what codec-apple jpeg, H264, DV etc)

Thanks so much for any advice,

Ellen Frankenstein

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Problems with imported clips
by on Dec 15, 2006 at 5:45:20 pm

[efclicks] "Been converting clips to various forms of quicktime and no matter what if I can get into the Media 100 get errors or the footage doesn't play--it stops and freezes. "

When you import footage into Media 100 i, it automatically gets converted to the Media 100 codec. It seems like the data rates are getting too high; either your drives are nearly full or too fragmented, or there is something else wrong with your setup. If you have AfterEffects you should try converting the incoming files to Media 100 codec via AE, limiting the date rate in the Media 100 codec settings to e.g. 6000k/sec.

[efclicks] "Downloading (choices vary, mpeg, mpg, mpeg4, avi etc) and converting (what codec-apple jpeg, H264, DV etc)"

Download the highest quality file (codec and image size). Most likely it should not be necessary to convert the files to anything else before importing. If conversion is needed the best way would be to convert the files directly to the Media 100 codec so that they would fast-import into Media 100 i. I would usually do that in e.g. AfterEffects or BorisRED, depending on what software packages you have.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]