MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Audio Problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tankboy
Audio Problems
on Dec 13, 2006 at 12:44:45 pm

Hi yas

up until recently I've been digitizing audio (including voice over from a sound booth) via a little eurtrak mixer through to the AJA/kona card to get it into my M100 V11.5 suite. It's been working a treat. Except for some reason now I'm getting awful clicking and muffled voice recordings. The stuff off tape is running a bit hot as well. But I can deal to that. But the voice stuffs from the sound booth is completely knackered.

Thing is I'm monitoring from the M100 and it sounds fine on the way in, it's only when I play it back I notice how bad it is.

I've tried a test record directly to the system drive because I thought it might be the FW800 external drive slowing things down (I've gotta get a faster drive) but it still sounds crappy. I've even tested different mics (grasping at straws).

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Cheers
Tankboy

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Audio Problems
by
on Dec 13, 2006 at 12:51:02 pm

Hmmm,
you are running Media 100 HD suite, so you have to convert from Analog to digital somewhere. Are you sure that your AD converter is okay?
Another thing that comes to mind is that I seem to have troubles sometimes on our HDe system when trying to acquire audio while no video signal is present on the selected video input. Although the Video in is turned off it seems to make a difference if there is a valid source connected to the in.

Return to posts index

tankboy
Re: Audio Problems
on Dec 14, 2006 at 2:19:48 am

Thanks for that Floh...

Interesting what you say about the ticked video box. Because I've recently changed that. I usually leave it ticked. Bet that's it. I'll try and let you know.

Cheers
TB

Return to posts index

tankboy
Re: Audio Problems, getting back to you Floh!!
on Dec 15, 2006 at 12:30:03 pm

Hi again,

unfortunately that wasn't it. Well at least I don't think so. See, thing is, I have to turn off the device control in order to capture from the voice booth into the M100 via a mixer, so I can't actually keep the video box ticked in 'aquire' mode. If I leave it ticked the 'aquire' button is greyed out (along with the macine control buttons, obviously). So I have to untick it to and then digitize the voice in.

But I did discover this other weird thing about the problem, that is, I tried opening up a new session and it all went well on my first capture. Sounded okay going in, sounded good playing back the clip. But when I tried a second test voice capture it sounded fine on the way in but really shitty on playback.

Hmm, this is weird!! Anymore suggestions?

Cheers
TB

Return to posts index

tankboy
on Dec 15, 2006 at 12:35:26 pm

oh, so what I meant was I can't see if your suggestion will work because at this point I can't even get the M100 to accept a video signal whilst I'm aquiring voice via the mixer. Maybe I'm missing something. Because I'm sure I used to be able to do this on my old M100 system, V8 or whatever it was.

Cheers
TB

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Dec 15, 2006 at 12:38:01 pm

Hmmm, I don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]