MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Converting a NTSC M100 Project to PAL

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg
Converting a NTSC M100 Project to PAL
by
on Dec 12, 2006 at 10:14:28 pm

Can this be done using Bitvice and Media 100 into DVD studio pro?

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Converting a NTSC M100 Project to PAL
by
on Dec 12, 2006 at 10:24:32 pm

As far as I know BitVice does not do Standard conversion. You could do it in the latest version of Compressor, and you would get very good results if you have a LOT of time (only Conversion in Compressor, and then MPEG Encoding in BitVice). But the question is why you want to do it. Nearly all PAL DVD players can play back NTSC DVDs. So if you don

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: Converting a NTSC M100 Project to PAL
by
on Dec 12, 2006 at 10:48:49 pm

Thanks Floh. I have a client who I just finished a training video for, now wanting to send this video to Italy for viewing only. I'll suggest they try this.

By the way this was my FIRST project completed on my new M100 HDe system, which is a success in itself, considering I put the system together myself. Thanks so much for all of your help and patience during this process. I'm not sure I'd be up and running without you Floh. Hey are you going to NAB in Las Vegas? I'd love to stop by and say hello.

Greg

Return to posts index

tankboy
Re: Converting the other way - PAL M100 Project to NTSC
on Dec 13, 2006 at 12:16:16 pm

Hi Folks

I understand most PAL players will play NTSC. However am I've been told most NTSC players do not play PAL. ie the DVD players sold in the NTSC countries (US etc) are set up to play NTSC only.

So if I'm in a PAL country and want to send a DVD to a NTSC country I'll need to do the convesion back the other way. I guess I can do this using the same software, right? Does anyone know of any tutorials for doing this to get the best results?

Cheers
Tankboy

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Dec 13, 2006 at 12:31:55 pm

[tankboy] "I understand most PAL players will play NTSC. However am I've been told most NTSC players do not play PAL. ie the DVD players sold in the NTSC countries (US etc) are set up to play NTSC only. "

Right.

[tankboy] "So if I'm in a PAL country and want to send a DVD to a NTSC country I'll need to do the convesion back the other way. I guess I can do this using the same software, right? Does anyone know of any tutorials for doing this to get the best results?"

There are several ways to do it. If you want to have it quickly find a company in your area that can do the conversion through a realtime device. Usually the results are okay (not great), but you will get it quickly.
If you don

Return to posts index

tankboy
on Dec 13, 2006 at 12:47:03 pm

Sheesh, Floh. That was a quick reply. Thanks heaps for that. I'll try it.

Cheers
Tboy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]