MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

still need answers please

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg
still need answers please
by
on Dec 8, 2006 at 1:41:47 pm

There doesn't seem to be a bars and tones folder on the HDe system, nor any leaders like in previous M100 systems. How can I add bars and tones to the front of my program? Thanks for your help.

Also, I'd like to output my program to DVD Studio Pro. What's the best workflow here? Should I use Compressor? Should I use BitVice?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lastly, I'm experiencing crashes when using Boris FX in HDe. Usually when I try to make a change in the effect. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Greg

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: still need answers please
by
on Dec 8, 2006 at 1:48:36 pm

[Greg] "There doesn't seem to be a bars and tones folder on the HDe system, nor any leaders like in previous M100 systems. How can I add bars and tones to the front of my program? Thanks for your help."

Digitize correct tone and bars from a deck (most decks can create them today)

[Greg] "Also, I'd like to output my program to DVD Studio Pro. What's the best workflow here? Should I use Compressor? Should I use BitVice?"

Output as "By reference". Then use BitVice for encoding. Much better quality than Compressor.

[Greg] "Lastly, I'm experiencing crashes when using Boris FX in HDe. Usually when I try to make a change in the effect. Any thoughts?"

Which version of Media 100 and Boris do you use? We are not seeing any crashes here.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Dec 8, 2006 at 3:51:08 pm

FLOH - Which version of Media 100 and Boris do you use? We are not seeing any crashes here.

Floh, I Have Media 100HDe version 11.5 and Boris FX 8.0 that came with the HDe.

Return to posts index

Greg
Re:FLOH answers please
by
on Dec 10, 2006 at 2:30:19 am

[Greg] "Lastly, I'm experiencing crashes when using Boris FX in HDe. Usually when I try to make a change in the effect. Any thoughts?"

[Floh] Which version of Media 100 and Boris do you use? We are not seeing any crashes here.

I'm using Hde 11.5. It came with Boris FX 8.0. When ever I create a Composition Clip, Media 100 HDe crashes. If I try to edit the composition clip, it crashes. If I split the comp clip, it crashes. Everything else looks great! Any thoughts?

[Floh] Digitize correct tone and bars from a deck (most decks can create them today)

I'm suprised that M100 Hde doesn't include bars tone or leaders with this system. I would prefer to trust my output levels to match the bars and tone from M100. My deck Sony PVW 2800 doesn't create bars or tone. Not quite sure what deck you're talking about, as I've never seen a deck that creates bars and tones. Even FCP has bars and tones on it's system.

Thanks Floh-

Greg

Return to posts index

Arthur Dent
on Dec 8, 2006 at 3:40:34 pm

If you're doing SD work, you can also pull the bars and tone of an old media 100 i installer you might have laying around.

~A.D.

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: Thanks Arthur
by
on Dec 8, 2006 at 3:42:25 pm

Thanks Arthur

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]