MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Floh HDe to composite monitor

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Floh HDe to composite monitor
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 4:00:25 am

Floh,

You had told me to "Connect the Composite in of your monitor to the Composite out of your HDe breakout box. (The Y out doubles as the Composite out)."

My question is don't I need the composite/component out from the breakout box to go directly to me PVW 2800 deck? How will I be able to master to tape without this?

I'm hooked up component to my deck. And how do I avoid any sync bars on the monitor when digitizing? Thanks for your help as always Floh.

Greg

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Floh HDe to composite monitor
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 8:31:29 am

That

Return to posts index

GregRe: Floh HDe to composite monitor
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 12:52:15 pm

So you're saying I need to have a patch bay? The Media 100 manual says that I can buy a special cable to take the composite feed out of the junction box to the deck and monitor. What is that cable?

Also, the composite feed out of my deck to the monitor gives me a sync bar in the middle of the screen. Can you explain how to hook up a reference signal to avoid that? I have a black burst generator if necessary.

Thanks Floh

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Floh HDe to composite monitor
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 12:55:18 pm

[Greg] "So you're saying I need to have a patch bay?"

No, you don

Return to posts index

GregRe: Thanks Floh
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 9:28:11 pm

It seems like even my old junction box for M100i had the ability to send video out to a composite monitor. You would think that they would have included that option for those of us who edit in a home edit suite.

Thanks anyway.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Thanks Floh
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 10:20:35 pm

[Greg] "It seems like even my old junction box for M100i had the ability to send video out to a composite monitor. You would think that they would have included that option for those of us who edit in a home edit suite."

You can send out Composite, only not at the same time as you send out Component. And since the hardware needs to get cheaper and cheaper these days compromises are made...

Return to posts index

Jack ShepardRe: Thanks Floh
by on Dec 6, 2006 at 1:16:18 pm

Wondering if you could recommend a patch bay that you personally recommend?
Best,
Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]