MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XDCAM HD update please....

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David IsskoXDCAM HD update please....
by on Dec 2, 2006 at 11:30:17 pm

Following on from a recent thread by another member, could I please have an update on whether XDCAM HD can be easily imported/transferred into the HD Suite as per Sony's literature or does it still have to follow a tape based digitise path in real time via HD SDI input?

I will be purchsing the HD Suite when M100 is UB, so hopefully in Jan/Feb 07. I am also looking at upgrading to HDCAM and either HDV or XDCAM HD.

Thanks very much
David Issko

Return to posts index

david isskoisn't there anyone.....
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 7:56:44 pm

with xdcam hd and media 100 hd suite experience?

Return to posts index

murrayfRe: XDCAM HD update please....
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 8:43:06 pm

Can't comment on XD HD but presumably it's no different to XDcam. At the moment direct file import is not supported and even with systems where it is, the advantages are I think overrated. Transfer is much slower than claimed, and anyway you have to look at the material in real time at some stage anyway. My current project has 30 hrs of material so I need to be a bit selective in what I transfer and it's rare I'd need an entire clip to work with. Each time the camerperson starts and stops shooting a new clip is created and you may only get a 3 sec grab from a 30sec clip. I guess on shorter projects where you can afford to dump everything in, it might be useful though. Hopefully M100 will let us know when they intend supporting direct transfer

Return to posts index

david isskothanks very much....
by on Dec 5, 2006 at 12:03:45 pm

it was what i thought it might be....for the time being anyway. room to grow.

digitise like its a tape, only quick access to various shots.

are you enjoying xdcam? great reviews from all who have used it.

thanks again
david issko

Return to posts index

murrayfRe: thanks very much....
by on Dec 6, 2006 at 2:53:52 am

Now I've sorted out the teething problems, I love it. Great pics, no tape rewinding and no dropouts. I think camerapeople love it even more. Has some neat tricks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved