MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Optibase HD system

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mmfarmsOptibase HD system
by on Dec 2, 2006 at 3:28:10 pm

I'm looking at acquiring an Optibase designed Media100 system and was looking for info from anyone who has used this system. I've been using Media100 since it first came out, but went from the P6000 in a G4 to HDE on a G5. We're adding another room, already have a G5 and this opportunity came up. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Optibase HD system
by on Dec 2, 2006 at 4:02:34 pm

I think you

Return to posts index

mmfarmsRe: Optibase HD system
by on Dec 2, 2006 at 8:32:25 pm

That's the main consideration at this point. We have a G5 PCI-X machine (we briefly lost our minds and put in FCP in one of our rooms, but most of our employees don't like it.) So, we're trying to use the perfectly good G5 and will probably do a dual boot system, keeping the graphic guy, who likes FCP happy as well. I had heard that the scalers in the HDX system were pretty powerful, but that's all I had heard...

We do have an SDI machine and that's what we were hoping to use for a/v in & out.

Return to posts index

mmfarmsRe: Optibase HD system
by on Dec 2, 2006 at 8:46:20 pm

Ooops. Sorry. No dual boot system. I think we have lost our minds. Strictly Media100 HDX.

We also have an HDE suite that we're very happy with... The third room is still SD with a G4 dual and a P6000 lossless card. We may upgrade that machine in 6 months or so... but it's been working great for quite a while, so we're keeping it a bit longer.

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: Optibase HD system
by on Dec 2, 2006 at 4:05:19 pm

The main differences between the HDe you have and the hdx cards is that the hdx can up convert sd to hd going in and you will need a d to a converter like a wholer or flying cow to moniter audio. The latest 11.5.1 patch lets you use embedded audio on the sd sdi in and out but not the HDsdi. You will not be able to use the hdx cards in the new macs, as they are only pci x, so as long as your satisfied with your G5 and its a good deal they function pretty much the same as far as Media 100 HD is concerned. The HDe hardware can run FCP if you dual boot on seperate drives or partitions as the drivers are incompatible.

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

Lawrence MarshallRe: Optibase HD system
by on Dec 3, 2006 at 2:04:32 pm

I have an HDx system running in a G5 dual 2.5 gig machine (PCI-X), which I am considering selling. This is the version that upconverts SD to HD. Contact me off-list if you might be interested.

Larry Marshall

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Optibase HD system
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 7:02:13 pm

We still sell complete brand new HDx systems. We're offering great deals on these systems. Full Platinum Services and full warranty are still offered on these systems. Give sales a call if you are interested. 800-922-3220. (sorry for the sales pitch).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved