MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 crashed, it can't find any files for my project

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsMedia 100 crashed, it can't find any files for my project
by on Dec 2, 2006 at 12:26:59 am

Media 100 8.2.2 OS 10.3.9 External HD SCSI Boris RED

I have a 6 minute memorial video due in the morning. It was all finished but I hadn't rendered the transitions. All the composites were rendered though.

Then Media 100 crashed!!! I shut everything down cleaned all the connection from the HD to computer. I have tried opening previous projects and they are fine. The one I have been working on all day will not come up again.

On opening the project: it goes through the Missing...... routine
On opening a Bin: it says "Could not complete the "Open command..." because of a disk error".
On opening a Program: it says "Could not complete the Open command because an error of type -199 occurred.

I am hoping all the data is still there somewhere for me to access again. I have looked on the HD it is on and it looks like it is there. But Media 100 can't find it. Should I drag all the files to a defferent HD and if so how will Media 100 find it?

Any suggestions appreciated. I cannot start over again at this point.

Jerome

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Media 100 crashed, it can't find any files for my project
by on Dec 2, 2006 at 4:31:02 am

Hi Jerome,

It sounds like your project files have corrupted, rather than the media. Firstly open a new project in a fresh directory. Then attempt to open the program from within the new project. If it opens all well and good, if not, try to open the last back-up of the timeline. These can usually be found in the media 100 backups folder in your documents folder in your home directory.

When it opens, immediately "save as" as a new file name or it will get auto deleted.

Hopefully there will be enough of the project rescueable from there.

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]