MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

P6000 Board Change-New System Key?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KOLeary
P6000 Board Change-New System Key?
on Dec 1, 2006 at 10:16:05 pm

I have a Media 100i v7.5 system that was having digitizing problems that I felt were related to the P6000 Board. I recently purchased a P6000 and E6000 card through eBay. However, after installation I was prompted when launching that my system key was invalid and to enter the system key that came with the latest software. Unfortunately I can't get that info from the seller. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: P6000 Board Change-New System Key?
on Dec 2, 2006 at 4:11:47 am

Hi KOleary,

As far as I'm aware, there's no way to recover a system key once it is lost from the board or software alone, though someone else might know.

The only way I can think of is to contact Media 100 customer services with the Vincent serial number, explain the situation and ask them if they'd look it up for you.

Alternatively, you can always use the "tune-up" option to upgrade the card to XR and 8.2.3 (or 7.5.1 if you'd prefer), generating a new system key in the process.

Hope that helps!

K

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Dec 2, 2006 at 3:16:09 pm

Yeah, M100 Customer service is the way to go.

I upgraded from a Vincent 601 to a P6000 via Ebay, and needed a new serial number.

I wrote to M100 with my old number, and they replied with a new one for me. No charges or anything, which was great. =)

Although that was back when M100 was owned by Optibase, I'm confident they'd still be willing to help.

Return to posts index

KOLeary
on Dec 6, 2006 at 4:41:29 pm

Yes, Media 100 support has been helpful thus far. Unfortunately, the board I purchased from eBay is for 8.2, and I am running 7.5. The original problem that I was having was not being able to digitize in 640 X 480 at all, and not being able to digitize in component mode at any aspect size. Have you encountered this at all?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Dec 6, 2006 at 5:49:01 pm

I have a P6000 board, and 7.5, so there should be a serial number to have it work with 7.5
And again, you should be able to get it through customer support.

I work in PAL so have never tried digitising at 640x480, as I always use 720x576. I've always been able to digitise in component however, even when I had my old Vincent 401 board.

A quick look at a table online:
http://www.media100.com/Media100i_Features.asp
...shows Component i/o for all versions bar i/DV and all versions supposed to be capable of 640x480 square pixel input.

Infact, let me just check mine...
Yeah, there's an NTSC 640x480 option. It's grayed out for DV, but becomes selectable when I select an analogue input such as component.

Just ask customer support for a serial number for 7.5 with a P6000, and you should be okay (I hope).
If not, come back here, and some other people ought to be able to help you out, if I can't.

Btw...the "Tune Up" upgrades you to the last releases in the Media100i series, both on OSX and OS9. And the full XR version with lossless compression enabled.

Also, if you have 7.5 there's a free upgrade to 7.5.1 on the media100 website. But I'd get your card working first before upgrading software.

Return to posts index

KOLeary
on Dec 6, 2006 at 4:36:06 pm

Thanks Kieran,

Yes, I did contact Media 100 support and they were quite helpful in regards to information related to the "new" board. Unfortunately, the key is for Version 8.2, and I have 7.5. I am in the process of finding out what it would take for an upgrade. Is this the same as the "tune-up" that you described?

Thanks again.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Dec 6, 2006 at 6:25:30 pm

Hi Kevin,

I'd go to 8.2 if you can. The OSX version has many extra features, and I have always found it far more stable than 7.5.1

The 8.2 software can be downloaded from the media 100 website, and all you would then need is a copy of OSX.

K

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Dec 6, 2006 at 6:31:53 pm

Thanks Kieran, I had completely forgot you can download v8.2.3

Return to posts index

KOLeary
on Dec 27, 2006 at 10:53:28 pm

I'll probably end up doing just that, but my Adobe After Effects and Photoshop are OS9 which may cause a problem.

Everyone, thanks for your help and have a great New Year!

Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]