MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Sync, Genlock, or some other problem???

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremyRSync, Genlock, or some other problem???
by on Nov 27, 2006 at 11:24:20 pm

I have 3 Media 100 Systems in my dept. a HD 10.1.4 unit, a I/XR 8.2.3, and a LE 6.0.3. They are all hooked to a Sierra Video Systems Router and Share two Sony DVCAM Decks and a Sony Beta Deck. The HD unit works flawlessly. The other two, when digitizing, the video in the little preview window is good but on the Monitor is all jacked up. When you play back your digitized video, it plays out fine. It only happens when digitizing. I am at a loss to explain this. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

Jeremy

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Sync, Genlock, or some other problem???
by on Nov 28, 2006 at 12:50:52 am

[jeremyR] "I have 3 Media 100 Systems in my dept. a HD 10.1.4 unit, a I/XR 8.2.3, and a LE 6.0.3. They are all hooked to a Sierra Video Systems Router and Share two Sony DVCAM Decks and a Sony Beta Deck. The HD unit works flawlessly. The other two, when digitizing, the video in the little preview window is good but on the Monitor is all jacked up. When you play back your digitized video, it plays out fine. It only happens when digitizing. I am at a loss to explain this. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,"

When you are using the Component input on the Media 100 i systems, make sure you are feeding a Composite signal from the deck into the Composite in of the Media 100 Breakout Box as a Reference signal. Then you will get stable image also while digitizing.

Return to posts index

jeremyRRe: Sync, Genlock, or some other problem???
by on Nov 28, 2006 at 1:42:51 am

I will try hooking that up first thing in the morning... Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

jeremyRRe: Sync, Genlock, or some other problem???
by on Nov 28, 2006 at 9:38:43 pm

That was it! Thanks so much for solving this nagging tech problem. You are now on my "IT" staff... it doesn't pay... but you do have my gratitude!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]