MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HDe audio out of sync

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
murrayf
HDe audio out of sync
on Nov 27, 2006 at 10:19:53 am

I'm trying to load a project from XDcam through SDI into my new HDe and it appeared to work well. The clips played fine in the edit suite, so I continued loading material. But when I went back later to look at the footage, it's all out of sync, some by a few frames and others by lots of frames. This is the same stuff that I checked earlier and it was fine. I know it sounds insane but I re captures it and the same thing happened. I'm capturing video at 8bit uncompressed and onto a new Lacie d2 big disk extreme through firewire 800. I hope someone can shed light on this before I start to panic. cheers

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: HDe audio out of sync
on Nov 27, 2006 at 5:27:23 pm

External drive not fast enough for 8Bit uncompressed??

Return to posts index

murrayf
on Nov 27, 2006 at 7:08:14 pm

Possibly, but it was recommended and sold to me by the local M100 seller. And when I try capturing using the M100i codec at 300kb, it does the same thing. The really scary thing is that the local M100 seller knows less about my system than I do.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Nov 28, 2006 at 10:42:11 am

Murray, where are you in this wonderful world of ours? If UK I can direct you to two very knowledgable Media 100 dealers. I can't understand how you have not received better help and advice if you really are in touch with a proper dealer. Maybe the wizard Floh will see your query and then you will get the real knowledge.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 10:48:13 am

[Michael Slowe] "Maybe the wizard Floh will see your query and then you will get the real knowledge."

I have seen it ;-)

Seriously, I heard another report from somebody who has similar problems using a HDe system, but I still haven

Return to posts index

Greg
Floh
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 3:33:14 pm

The weird thing on my set-up is that I have FCP on a second drive as part of a dual boot system. On FCP, everything is in sync. But on Media 100Hde, it's off about 12 frames.

Also, any thoughts as to why I'm not seeing video out to my deck? I'm seeing audio fine, and I can digitize. I'm currently not using the junction box, but have the multi cables connected to my G5 Quad and the Y Pb Pr ins and outs of my PVW 2800.

Thanks.

Greg

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Floh
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 6:30:59 pm

[Greg] "The weird thing on my set-up is that I have FCP on a second drive as part of a dual boot system. On FCP, everything is in sync. But on Media 100Hde, it's off about 12 frames."

Are you sure that you did not install any AJA/FCP drivers on your Media 100 HD partition accidentally? The problem you are seeing could be related to a conflict between the Aja OEM and the Aja Kona drivers...

[Greg] "Also, any thoughts as to why I'm not seeing video out to my deck? I'm seeing audio fine, and I can digitize. I'm currently not using the junction box, but have the multi cables connected to my G5 Quad and the Y Pb Pr ins and outs of my PVW 2800. "

Two things you should check. Unplug the Multipin connector from your Kona card and look if there are any bent pins. Maybe you did bend something when plugging in the connector. And make sure that your "Video Output" preferences in Media 100 are set to SD Component under Analog. But this also could be related to a Kona driver conflict...

Return to posts index

murrayf
on Nov 28, 2006 at 11:20:38 pm

Thanks for the offer Michael. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the planet to you. And it's a pretty lonely place for a M100 user I can tell you. Unfortunately the dealer who sold the system to me has left the company and the new person isn't familiar with M100. FCP rules in these parts. I think he's doing his best though and spent several hours here yesterday trying to sort it out, without much luck. One thing I didn't mention in the last post was that one whole bin of 30 or so clips have no audio at all on them, even though I was monitoring and hearing and seeing audio on the meters as it was acquiring. It did the same with one clip while the dealer was here. At the moment I'm replacing and reseating connections in the hope of changing something.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 12:59:18 am

I've got the same problem. Audio out of sync. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Marshall
on Nov 28, 2006 at 7:00:57 pm

The development team at Media 100 has not been able to reproduce the audio sysc programs you describe. Could you please email me a description of your setup and any other relevant information.

For example: video standard, audio frequency that you are recording to disk, audio input source (embedded/AES), is the problem only observed with the XDcam deck, is audio leading are trailing the video, did the acquire panel show any loss of signal (yellow lights) prior to the start of recording?

My email address is MHouskeeper@Media100.com

Marshall Houskeeper
Media 100 Software Development

Return to posts index

Wick
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 9:55:52 pm

Hi everyone,

This is Wick from Media 100 Tech Support.

We, like Floh, have heard a few vague reports of this but have been unable to reproduce it on our systems here.

Please give us as much information as you possibly can regarding your respective setups.
Let us know things like:
HD or SD?
NTSC or PAL?
What deck?
What machine control?
Embedded SDI Audio, AES/EBU, Analog?
etc, etc, etc
More info is always better.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 10:40:05 pm

D or SD? I'm on SD NTSC Using a Beta SP PVW 2800 deck R422 machine control, Analog audio component video

NTSC or PAL?
What deck?
What machine control?
etc, etc, etc
More info is always better.

Return to posts index

murrayf
on Nov 28, 2006 at 11:43:37 pm

"HD or SD?
NTSC or PAL?
What deck?
What machine control?

Thanks Wick, I'm using SD XDcam material using the media100 codec 8 bit off a PDW 1500 deck. Machine control is Timecoder 100hd. Audio in is SDI embedded at 48,000hz. Video in is SD Serial Digital. Frame rate 25. Pal. Source standard is SD 720x576i 16:9. Same for media standard. Video output HDe. SDI 1 is set to SD. Analog is set to SD component. Component is set to SMPTE/EBU N10. This morning I tried converting more material and the same problem occured, though only by a few frames, and not the 22 or so of one clip from yesterday. I've since reconnected all the leads and the breakout box and tried again and it looked to be fine. When I force redigitize the audio on one of the previously out of sync clips now, they too seem to be in sync. So I guess I'll batch acquire some of the faulty stuff again and see how it goes. I'll let you know. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

murrayf
on Nov 29, 2006 at 2:51:36 am

Still no good. If I batch reacquire one of the faulty clips it appears to be fine but if I do a group of say four, then they get progressively more and more out of sync. If I capture test clips into a bin on the fly then they seem fine. Perhaps I need to discard several days work and start again. What worries me though, is that this is what I did to begin with and nothing has changed. Meanwhile my delivery date gets closer.

Return to posts index

murrayf
Re: HDe audio out of sync SOLVED
on Dec 1, 2006 at 4:42:44 am

Problem solved. A technician from a local TV station remembered a similar problem between their Avids and XDcam. He got me to turn off the Auto EE select on the XD deck. It was set to Stop/F forward/F reverse and as I understand it, was stopping on the first frame to be digitized and then not getting up to speed in time. And as the audio takes it's que from the video, it was lagging behind. Now it works brilliantly. I hope this stops someone else going down this path. I have to say the Guys at Media 100, Marshall and Wick went to enormous lengths to try and solve the issue, as did my local dealer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]