MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

aja drivers

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg Ballaja drivers
by on Nov 18, 2006 at 7:06:36 pm

Where can I find the aja OEM correct drivers to install on a second bootable drive, so I can use Final Cut Pro on the same system as Media 100Hde? Are they on the Media 100 Disk? or are thhey on the Aja Website? If they arre on the website, which drivers do i download? I'm editing
on Beta SP. Thanks

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: aja drivers
by on Nov 19, 2006 at 12:42:21 am

Try here
http://www.aja.com/html/support_konaLHe_swd.html

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

GregRe: aja drivers
by on Nov 19, 2006 at 1:15:16 am

Thanks Jim!!

That worked as far as machine control is concerned, but I still can't see my audio or video in the capture window of FCP.

I'm using a Beta SP PVW 2800 deck. Any thoughts as to what setting I should use?

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: aja drivers
by on Nov 19, 2006 at 2:49:49 am

The Kona has software that sets up the in and out and should have installed into aplications with the drivers but FCP should have some settings as well. Compared to Media100 HDe this is a big pain to figure out but you want to switch to Analog in and Kona for the Audio and set the timeline for the video format you are using 525 for NTSC or 625 for Pal etc.

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

greg BallRe: aja drivers Thanks!
by on Nov 19, 2006 at 5:09:25 pm

Got it working!!! All in the control panel. Thanks so much for your help!

Return to posts index

BrucemacRe: aja drivers
by on Nov 19, 2006 at 12:56:11 pm

Hi Cris
Yes this is a known problem with dual 1.4's. What i have done with mine is a little extreme, but works well. I have removed all the drives from the tower and put them in external hdd cases. this removes the restrictions to the airflow inside, and cuts out the heat generated by the drives themselfs
This should be enough to sort it out.
Also make sure that the preforated intake grill ( inside, behind the four finger holes on the front) is absolutely free of dust and lint.
I also fitted two small fans here from a pc overclocked cooling system and took out the now empty hdd cage - you can leave in the back cage with one drive in it as this assists the air to go via the heatsink fins arround the processor.
The big fan inside normally runs resonably quiet but there is a thermal system which triggers the fan on flat out if the processor gets too hot - the trick is to make sure that the air can get in and out, so keep the airways free and the tower away from the floor.
Do Not open the side door as this will stuff it up - not fix it.
IMHO this was the reason Apple redesigned the G5's with such a good cooling system for the subsequent models....
cheers
bruce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]