MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

DigiBeta to Beta Sp Clone

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944
DigiBeta to Beta Sp Clone
on Nov 16, 2006 at 4:23:18 am

I'm getting ready to master a 12 hour program onto digi beta. We'd like a beta sp clone but I really would only like 12+ hours of mastering - not 24+ so I'd like to do them simultaneously. Can I use a Sony 500a as my digi beta deck with sdi/machinge control from m100 in - then from the 500a's anaolg outs off to our UVW1800 for the sp clone? Will matching timecode be possible - even if I have to manually hit record on the 1800? Thanks in advance for your knowledge. Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: DigiBeta to Beta Sp Clone
by
on Nov 16, 2006 at 7:25:53 pm

[topher944] "I'm getting ready to master a 12 hour program onto digi beta. We'd like a beta sp clone but I really would only like 12+ hours of mastering - not 24+ so I'd like to do them simultaneously. Can I use a Sony 500a as my digi beta deck with sdi/machinge control from m100 in - then from the 500a's anaolg outs off to our UVW1800 for the sp clone? Will matching timecode be possible - even if I have to manually hit record on the 1800? Thanks in advance for your knowledge. Kind Regards, Chris K."

Yes. Connect the Composite V1 out from DigiBeta to the Ref in of your UVW, and connect the Component out from DigiBeta to Component in on UVW. Also connect analog sound from DB to SP, and the TC out from DigiBeta to the TC in on the UVW. Set the UVW to "External" and "Regen" TC, Master to DigiBeta and hit Record on your UVW manually.

Return to posts index

topher944
Thanks Floh!
on Nov 16, 2006 at 9:46:15 pm

Thanks Floh!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]