MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Producer Suite not ready for prime time... It's a shame and says a lot about Media 100.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim WiglerProducer Suite not ready for prime time... It's a shame and says a lot about Media 100.
by on Nov 15, 2006 at 3:41:54 pm

Hi,

I bought the Producer Suite having faith that it would be as rock solid as Media 100i. It is not!

My workflow was going to be very simple: Digitize footage for DVD'S at the office, export of the files as Media 100 DV 720, bring them home and import them back into Media 100i so I can play them into a Wired card for real time encoding (through SDI).

Believe it or not, Producer Suite cannot export a QT Movie longer than 15 minutes using the Media 100 codec without crashing, and after exporting a 15 minute segment, I have to restart Producer or it crashes.

I had faith in Media 100 and I feel that they released Producer prematurely.

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Producer Suite not ready for prime time... It's a shame and says a lot about Media 100.
by on Nov 15, 2006 at 4:22:31 pm

Jim,

Just exported for about 20 minutes. Seems to to work for me, no crashes. Give Tech Support a call and we'll help you out.

Dave

Return to posts index

Jim WiglerRe: Producer Suite not ready for prime time... It's a shame and says a lot about Media 100.
by on Nov 15, 2006 at 4:28:55 pm

I did call tech support and they have yet to contact me regarding the problem.

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Producer Suite not ready for prime time... It's a shame and says a lot about Media 100.
by on Nov 15, 2006 at 5:22:47 pm

The Escalation Group will be calling you back shortly. Note for the future, please contact technical support and not sales for technical issues. It helps us help you more efficiently.

Stand by.

Dave

Return to posts index

Jim WiglerI called customer support because my "free supoport number" was invalid. Don't lecture me!
by on Nov 15, 2006 at 5:51:44 pm

Dear David,

Please don't lecture me. I called CUSTOMER SUPPORT because my FREE PLATINUM SUPPORT NUMBER was not recognized.

I have supported Media 100 for YEARS and I have been a customer of BORIS FX for YEARS and I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars on your products and I totally resent being lectured to.

Return to posts index

olofRe: Producer Suite not ready for prime time... It's a shame and says a lot about Media 100.
by on Nov 15, 2006 at 8:16:55 pm

I completed 2 DVD exports both about 90 minutes long.

I had some problems with imported old bins (M100i 8.22) they worked okey but crashed app when closing.

M100 has been very responsive and helpfull, I bought 2 copies and I love the way they work. I was using FCP on my laptop in the field. It is so ice to use M100 interface on the run.

I connect to a DSR 1800 by firewire and use lossless compression, it works really well.

Westside A V Studios

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: Producer Suite not ready for prime time... It's a shame and says a lot about Media 100.
by on Nov 16, 2006 at 3:34:36 pm

Hey Jim,

How about a little more detail on your system configurations? (i.e. Machine, OS version, QT version, Other app installed).

I think if the problems you're seeing were more wid-spread, we'd be seeing more posts here... So let see if we Cow people can help you solve your problems.

Are you capturing in Media 100 i or Producer? If your capturing in Producer, what Codec are you capturing into?

When you export from Producer, how are you doing this (i.e., reference, self contained, other, if other, what codec?)

I assume you're going to ethernet/sneaker-net the exported files over to your Media 100 i machine? If how are you accomplishing this? What version of m100 i are you running?

~A.D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]