MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Digibeta Virgin

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944
Digibeta Virgin
on Nov 14, 2006 at 7:18:05 am

I'll be hitching up a digibeta (sony) to my m100 for mastering of a large project. Obviously, I'll be going through the sdi bob - but as it's my first time - anything to look out for? Are the connections as straight forward as they seem? Any settings that are easily overlooked? Which control software is the best - DQtimecoder or the newest version of pipeline? Thanks in advance for you help. Kind Regards, Chris

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Digibeta Virgin
by
on Nov 14, 2006 at 7:22:42 am

It should be pretty easy. Just connect the SDI and AES/EBU cables. On the front of the digibeta deck there are little buttons to select your ins. Make sure that you have selected SDI for video and AES for audio in. DQTimeCoder is fine with DigiBeta.

Return to posts index

topher944
on Nov 14, 2006 at 7:25:50 am

Thanks Floh! There's nothing like doing something for the first time - under a deadline! Kind Regards, Chris

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Nov 14, 2006 at 7:37:45 am

Yeah, but the DigiBeta decks are really more or less the same as e.g. the PVW BetaSP decks with better image quality, so no real surprises to expect there. If you have problems, let us know.

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Nov 14, 2006 at 5:01:00 pm

Hi Chris,

Apologies if this is old news, but if this is your first time mastering to a deck via SDI and you've previously only used the analogue component cables, then the only issue to watch out for is legal levels.

The analogue outputs clamp the video to legal range effectively legalising the output. The SDI connection is full range so you can output illegal levels very easily. If the master is for broadcast you can either legalise in the software, use an outboard legaliser, or as I have done on many occasions, connect the digibeta deck via the component output.

Obviously if the master isn't for broadcast, or the client doesn't have the requirement, then as Floh says the Digibeta is just another deck.

K

Return to posts index

topher944
on Nov 15, 2006 at 3:44:31 am

Hey Kieran, The project is for an in-house broadcast. Can you elaborate on M100 (8.2.2) color correction tools. Haven't used them before for broadcast material. How much quality is lost by going analog component out vs sdi. All material was dig'd at 300kb from various sources incl. beta sp, dvcam and dvd. Thanks for your input. Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Nov 30, 2006 at 10:01:22 am

Hi Chris,

Apologies, I have just returned from a break. Do you still need info on this?

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]