MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Upgrade Risks

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tankboyUpgrade Risks
by on Nov 13, 2006 at 10:42:18 pm

OK, I've got M100 V11 currently loaded on my G5. I've just been sent V11.5 . I would usually wait to finish the couple of little projects I have started in V11 but I've just recieved a drive with a project started in Producer which I need to finish and needs to be bumped up the list of priorities. Obviously if I upgrade now I'll be able to handle the Producer files but will I be able to go back and access the projects I started in V11?

Cheers in advance.

Return to posts index

Lawrence MarshallRe: Upgrade Risks
by on Nov 14, 2006 at 1:48:39 am

I have never heard of a problem going BACKWARDS with M100, and in my many-years-of-history running M100 have always been able to open previous-version projects with no problems whatsoever. I'm not on V11 yet, but I'd be extremely surprised if you upgraded to V11.5 and couldn't open or work with V11.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Upgrade Risks
by on Nov 14, 2006 at 2:11:17 am

M100 always advise waiting till your current project is complete before upgrading. From the M100 details, although 11.5 is a "big" upgrade, upgrading it now, mid project will not value add to the project so I have always finished work in progress before upgrading, just in case.

If you really want to upgrade, back everything up at least twice and don't forget to save your program backups.

I would wait. More incentive to finish the project!!!

All the best.

Return to posts index

tankboyRe: Upgrade Risks
by on Nov 14, 2006 at 2:33:32 am

Thanks for that guys. I really needed to get cracking on the job that came in on a drive ex producer so I eneded up backing up the V11 projects and upgrading. As i happens every thing is woriking perfectly. Both the V11 and the Producer projects work fine in V11.5 - so no looking back, I hope.

Cheers for you help.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Upgrade Risks
by on Nov 14, 2006 at 7:12:41 am

Yes, as you did I would have suggested updating. V11.5 is really a great step. And btw. you can open V11.5 and Producer projects/timelines/bins in V11; we did this back and forth a lot during the beta tests.

Return to posts index

tankboyRe: Upgrade Risks
by on Nov 15, 2006 at 11:21:45 am

Great. Sounds like I had nothing to worry about. Thanks for that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved