MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

won't digitize

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hugheswon't digitize
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 4:03:13 pm

I've got a Media 100 8.2.2 on Mac G4. Digitizing from DSR-1800, DSR-80 & DSR-45. Two Medea drives, RT-720 & RT-240. Atto Dual channel SCZI card. It's been working wonderfully for years. For the last couple of weeks, it won't digitize. It starts the dig, goes for 30-60 seconds then freezes with a green bar on the screen. It throws up a, "...use a faster drive..." alert.

I thought it might be that one of the cards got loose, but that didn't fix it. We've tried diging to different drives. diging component, s-video. We've checked all connections repeatedly, but no luck.

We have several of these suites, have since 1999, so we're pretty proficient at solving problems, but this one's got us. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: won't digitize
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 5:33:54 pm

Try shutting down your SCSI drives, and digitize in a medium data rate (maybe 150k) to your internal drive. Does this work? If yes, you most likely have a SCSI or drive problem somewhere in your setup.

Return to posts index

Thomas HughesRe: won't digitize
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 7:41:13 pm

Thanks so much, Floh. I'll try it. I'm also going to try swapping the junction box with another suite to rule out the junction box.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved