MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Problems w/DV out

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944Problems w/DV out
by on Nov 9, 2006 at 2:13:03 am

Hello friends smarter than I - (that's 99% of you - by the way) I'm having an issue getting my vx1000 camera and my Z1u camera to see the firewire signal from the M100. I've swapped cables twice, rebooted, reset the settings to dv and then reset them again. My cameras won't see the signal. Am I missing some step here. The M100 will actually control the camera if I go "Master to Tape" so I know there's signal. Is it possible that my dv port is bad on the P6000 board and will carry commands but not video/audio? Is there a latest hardware test that would show this ports health and where can I find it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Both cameras are rated for dv in/out. Kind Regards, Chris
M100 8.2.2
Dual G4 1.42ghz
OS 10.3.9
Sony VX1000
Sony Z1U

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Problems w/DV out
by on Nov 9, 2006 at 3:26:14 am

Hi Chris,

Could the cameras be expecting HDV instead of SD DV through the firewire ports?

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Problems w/DV out
by on Nov 9, 2006 at 6:07:16 am

I checked for that. I found a workaround by going into my dvcam deck via SVHS which made a dvcam tape - then firewire from deck to camera to create the minidv version (deck only does dvcam). With three destinations not getting signal - there's got to be something wrong with the port. Thanks, Chris

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: Problems w/DV out
by on Nov 9, 2006 at 2:38:15 pm

The DV output on P6000 hardware is only active when in Capture or Master mode. It's not like the output on your JB and constantly spitting out a signal, so you really cannot expect to get a video out via M100 Firewire while simply editing, only when mastering.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Problems w/DV out
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 5:28:50 pm

Excellent info! Thankyou!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved