MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Mac upgrade

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
johntarbyMac upgrade
by on Nov 8, 2006 at 4:09:15 pm

I am thinking about upgrading my computer, currently PowerMac G4 Quicksilver.
Can I take my Media100i with me and use it with a Macpro?
Anybody done this or perhaps recommend a source of info?

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: Mac upgrade
by on Nov 8, 2006 at 5:02:17 pm

No, Media 100 i will not work in a Mac Pro... The P6000 hardware physically will not fit, and the application will not work on an Intel Mac.

Media 100 has announced planned support for Mac Pro with their NEW AJA based systems for Jan/Feb of 2007.

Media 100 Producer might work on an intel machine under rosetta, but I haven't heard for sure from any one doing this yet...

Return to posts index

david isskoRe: Mac upgrade
by on Nov 8, 2006 at 8:14:58 pm

best place to read about compatibility is the media 100 web site. although they cannot test every vendor's Configurations, the compatible configurations guide is a help.

also, so is the media 100 website itself a reasonable guide, but i belive it should have greater detail overall.

you will require new a media 100 system if you change to mac pro.

i have 8.2.2 on a dual 2Ghz and will have to buy a new system as i want to go to intel computer as well. i am opting for hd suite which is based on the aja kona 3 card. i will however wait for the media 100 to be universal binary before making my purchase.

you can upgrade to a sd only media 100 on the mac pro if you wish but again you will require a new system.

you will need to keep your current system intact, especially if it works properly and buy yourself a second system or sell your current system to offset the cost of a new one.

all the best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved