MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

From DVD to M100i 8.2.2

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944From DVD to M100i 8.2.2
by on Nov 4, 2006 at 2:08:59 am

I've received some source material in DVD format. Whats the best way (highest quality) to import this material into M100i V8.2.2? Is it playing in free run from a DVD player into m100 via Svideo and rca's or can I use something like MPEGSTREAMCLIP to convert the data files to quicktime files and then import (what QT compression is best) or - should I use something like Handbrake? I know both of these routes will involve some type of compression but which is the least degrading to an already low data rate signal? All suggestions greatly appreciated! Kind Regards, Chris

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: From DVD to M100i 8.2.2
by on Nov 4, 2006 at 3:51:15 am

We use Cinematize 2 and just extract an uncompressed quicktime.
A dual G5 does this pretty quick, I don't know how fast it will be to import back in using the p6000 board or a vincent card.

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

FlohRe: From DVD to M100i 8.2.2
by on Nov 4, 2006 at 7:47:21 am

Most likely you will not notice a big difference between MPEG streamclip and S-Video in. I would do a short (e.g. 1 minute) import of both ways and look if the Streamclip way is much better. If not, why not digitize directly, which is usually quicker.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: From DVD to M100i 8.2.2
by on Nov 5, 2006 at 9:14:14 pm

Yes, depending on the job and final quality required, I use MPEG Streamclip or digitise directly from the component O/P of my DVD player.

If the DVD is not long, MPEG streamclip is easier but it does take some time to extract the video & audio. Just remember to fix timecode breaks in Streamclip when it says so otherwise you will not extract all of the program.

The choice is yours but either should be just fine.

Have a great edit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved