MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

To FTP from M100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944To FTP from M100
by on Nov 4, 2006 at 12:24:27 am

A client may want to view the new cut of a 12hr program. Since this will be my first time posting to one - whats the process from M100 to an FTP site. What file type will I need to use. Whats the largest file you can post on an FTP site? Thanks in advance for your knowledge! Kind Regards, Chris

Return to posts index

FlohRe: To FTP from M100
by on Nov 4, 2006 at 7:54:49 am

Um, 12 hours is LONG. You most likely need to convert the file in something watchable, like MPEG1, H.264 or something similar. So export from Media 100 to a by-ref movie, and then convert to whatever format you and your customer agree to. Then upload it to the FTP-Serve via an FTP program. There are some freeware/shareware FTP tools, just do a search for FTP on Make sure that the FTP server you

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: To FTP from M100
by on Nov 5, 2006 at 9:20:50 pm

Wow, I agree, 12 hours!!!
If the "only" way is upload to an FTP server, maybe break the program up into shorter segments for easier uploading. Very frustrating if something happens during a 12hr program upload.

Double check to ensure that your ISP does not limit or charge you extra for over uploading. Most don't charge at all for uploads but it pays to check.

Otherwise I agree with Floh re sending the set of DVDs to your client as an alternative.

All the best

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved