MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

force relink media

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
justin wheelerforce relink media
by on Oct 30, 2006 at 12:24:03 pm

Hi Floh and others,

I have been trying to force relink media with no success. In a program timeline I am working on, some media clips were corrupted after a Lacie drive fried. I have the exactly named clips in some other projects, such as white frames titled "white.M1P", that would be perfect to relink or replace the lost original clips with.

After copying the source clips from the old project to the new project folder, my Media100 i/xr v.7.5.1 tries to relink media but does not recognise any of the new clips. Maybe they don't have the same creation dates or other info, but they are the exact same clip and name. This also occurs with music files that were lost that I used in other projects. Same song file, but the Media100 won't let me relink from one project to the next with it.

Many other programs I use, such as After Effects, allow you to replace media easily. Why is this a problem here and is there a solution other than redigitizing or importing and re-editing everything from scratch?

Thanks in advance. Justin

Return to posts index

FlohRe: force relink media
by on Oct 30, 2006 at 1:48:47 pm

[justin wheeler] "After copying the source clips from the old project to the new project folder, my Media100 i/xr v.7.5.1 tries to relink media but does not recognise any of the new clips. Maybe they don't have the same creation dates or other info, but they are the exact same clip and name. This also occurs with music files that were lost that I used in other projects. Same song file, but the Media100 won't let me relink from one project to the next with it."

Each time you import a graphics or sound clip (or if you digitize something into the system) Media 100 does include some header info into the clips. This way the system makes sure that it does not link to a clip with the same name accidentally, but it can identify each clip. Unfortunately this means that Media 100 won

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]