MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

removing/storing m100 cables/board

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Kentremoving/storing m100 cables/board
by on Oct 26, 2006 at 5:45:57 am

I have a Media 100i/le (8.2.3) on a Mac G4 (933) on OS 10.4.6 ( 1 gig of RAM...if that matters!) - this is my old edit system. I've "retired" this system as my main edit system & have the following questions:

1. I disconnected the Media 100 cable (NOT a Break Out box - but the "massive" cable") - what's the best way to store it/best materials to use to "package" it for storage if I need to use it in the future?

2. Should I take out the Media 100 board (yes, right?). If so, same questions for it's storage/packaging.

I may never have to whip these bad boys out again, but if I do, I'd like to have them in the fine working order (or close to!) that they're in today.

Thanks for any/all guys rock!

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: removing/storing m100 cables/board
by on Oct 26, 2006 at 4:42:28 pm

Hi Karen,

I have a couple of the Medusa cables and they've had no more protection than being bundled up with a rubber band around them. I pulled one out of storage a while back and it still worked fine. I guess if you could seal it in a plastic bag/jiffy bag then the connectors will be protected against dust/rust.

My spare cards are stored in anti-static bags in cardboard boxes. I purchased the SDI option a while back and it came with three of the P6000 shaped foam lined boxes so they sit in there. I guess any box would do provided it is rigid enough to stop the board being bent. Other than that just make sure your packaging is anti-static, and keeps the board dust/moisture free.

Hope that helps

Return to posts index

slprefRe: removing/storing m100 cables/board
by on Dec 9, 2006 at 6:01:28 am

Hi Karen,

I have a very similar set-up. I am on a G4 dual 1.42 that I just bought on ebay. I have a 2 card/breakout box system from Media100. I am considering selling this system as a complete package. I am having problems trying to get the hardware recognized in OS 9. Would it be possible for you to contact me and let me know what I am doing incorrectly?

I can be reached at 305 773-3686. I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer.

Thank you,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved