MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

please help me to solve a DVCPROHD 720P24 workflow!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MVplease help me to solve a DVCPROHD 720P24 workflow!
by on Oct 16, 2006 at 11:49:59 pm

ok ive been having trouble with the beta 11.5 version of this but i thought id just ask here in general what im trying to do. A cameraman in DC has handed my client over some a data DVD with quicktime DVCPROHD 720p24 files on it. they have four channels of audio. importing them into media100 has given me so-so results. the video looks great, but it mixes all the audio into one track. havent been able to work around that. i tried exporting out of final cut pro to DVCPROHD 1080i 60 and only using the two chanels i wanted, but M100 still fuses the audio files together and tells me i still have 4 in the edit clip window. then i try exporting out of FCP uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 and the audio import goes ok, but it cuts off the last second or two of the video! im assuming this has to do with the pull-down. i dont know how it works in media 100, but all i want to do is import this into m100, crop out the edges so its 4:3 and then export to DVDSP.

so my challenges are:

getting DVCPROHD qt files to import properly
having media100 recognize the proper audio channels
ensuring the 24p files have the correct pulldown applied
the ability to downconvert the files and apply proper edge crop, not letterbox
output to MPEG2/dvd

i havent had a chance to try it on the v11 software, although i have a feeling it may have similar issues. i know it would be best if i could acquire directly from the P2 card, but m100 should be able to import the files anyway.

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: please help me to solve a DVCPROHD 720P24 workflow!
by on Oct 17, 2006 at 4:00:25 am

You can go to the media directory and change the A1 on the end of the other audio files to A2,A3,A4 and so on hopefully there's not to many to do this. I am hoping the final version of 11.5 will fix this. We have had this problem with version 11 also, with P2 files that we fliped in Flip Factory. We had to edit our first HD program which was also 24P in FCP on a dual boot M100 HDe. We were just to busy to try out the Beta software and we are still waiting for our udates for our 3 HDXs and the HDe.

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved