MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Producer

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack ShepardMedia 100 Producer
by on Oct 14, 2006 at 10:23:35 pm

I just got the new MacBook Pro 2.16 ghz dual core with 1 gb ram.
Will Media 100 Producer work on that? What are the recommended specs for Producer in terms
of a computer. Pardon my ignorance, couldn't actually find the specs on the M100 website.

I have tried the trial version on it and it seems to work fine but I read that they are planning Intel
support for 2007. Which had me confused.

thanks.

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Media 100 Producer
by on Oct 14, 2006 at 11:49:00 pm

The current software isn't Intel-native, but it runs on the Intel Macs under Rosetta. If the performance is good enough for your tasks, I'd think you're all set. When the Universal binary ships in 2007 it will run even better. (The hardware-based versions won't run under Rosetta, by the way.)

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: Media 100 Producer
by on Oct 16, 2006 at 5:10:10 pm

you may also find that on the mac-intal macbook that producer is dropping frames, which would be unacceptable for mastering to tape.
~AD

Return to posts index

dairy cowRe: Media 100 Producer
by on Oct 19, 2006 at 12:02:06 am

I have a G4 M100ixr and desperately need to upgrade now. Can I buy the new Mac Pro and use Producer with no problems? I want to stay with M100 and don,t want to buy a used Mac. Please help me, Thank you!

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: Media 100 Producer
by on Oct 19, 2006 at 1:53:01 pm

I don't think M100 has approved Producer on the Mac Pro. It's still a Power PC application and would need run under Rosetta with unknown results.

CDW still has Quad G5's in stock, here's a Link:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=865701

~A.D.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2006 at 3:31:45 pm

Thank you, that is what I thought. I had read Mac only had refurbashed. I still hate to buy an older model and love the idea of having the ability to use XP if needed. As I will likely keep my next computer for 4 or more years.

So nobody knows how well it preforms with Rosetta? I read that M100HD was dropping frames on Rosetta, so Producer might as well?

I also read on M100 site that Producer with work with the new Mac Pros in January 2007. Does anyone know if that is still the correct date or is it likely to be pushed back?

Thanks!!!!!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100 Producer
by on Oct 19, 2006 at 5:08:41 pm

[dairy cow] "I also read on M100 site that Producer with work with the new Mac Pros in January 2007. Does anyone know if that is still the correct date or is it likely to be pushed back?"

Since the press release about shipping V11.5 from October 10th says they are going to ship a version "qualified for Apple

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2006 at 8:38:34 pm

Thank you!

Another question....

What software is everyone using to make DVDs? DVD Studio Pro? Is their and easier Mac software I can use with Media 100?

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 Producer
by on Oct 21, 2006 at 9:30:54 am

Although not really under the heading of 'Producer' I can answer that the DVD route (as approved by Floh!) is as follows:

Export film 'by reference'
Encode in BitVice (VBR average 7.25, two passes
Create an audio ac3 file in Compressor
Build and burn in DVD Studio Pro.

This seems to give the most stable and compatible DVD's that play on anything and with picture quality as good as I have yet seen. Mind you I am creating these DVD's from an uncompressed HD timeline and BitVice is doing the down scaling to SD. Takes a long time (six hours for 15 minutes) but it is worth it!

This is from a system Media 100 HD 10.1.3 (I think) on a Dual Mac G5. with many TB's external drives. I don't know of a better way to produce DVD's than this but am awaiting the advent of one of the HD DVD systems to emerge.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]