MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

ifinish.exe has generated errors

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rmtv14ifinish.exe has generated errors
by on Oct 10, 2006 at 5:39:08 pm

Hi, I use an older version of media 100 ifinish here, and have been experiencing some difficulties. When trrying to open a project with a certain bin or opening the same bin in a different project, the program crashes on me with a message popping up that says, "ifinish.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program." Then upon attempting to reopen the project the same thing happens over and over again. I thought that there might possibly be a corrupt file in the bin, but no idea how to diagnose. I:f anyone has seen this problem before I would greatly appreciate some advicee on what can be done. Thank you all for your time in advance.

David Galindez
Rocky Mountain TV
Gunnison, CO

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: ifinish.exe has generated errors
by on Oct 13, 2006 at 6:52:38 am

You should check the media files on your storage drive and look for an icon that doesn't look right (gray not a title as they are gray icons) and delete it.

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

FrancisRe: ifinish.exe has generated errors
by on Oct 24, 2006 at 2:58:20 am

I will bet money that this is because you have a new version of Quicktime installed.

When we got the Ifinish 4.5 upgrade, we started having difficulty with crashing when trying to open bins with lots of clips, or opening a project that had many bins already open with a couple of clips each.

I literally spent weeks troubleshooting the system, removing software, removing PCI cards, reinstalling software, trying with ACPI on, ACPI off, trying different drives, different SCSI cards... even going so far as buying a brand spanking new Compaq W4000 workstation, only to have the new workstation crash identically.

FINALLY, I traced the problem to be the version of Quicktime supplied BY MEDIA 100 on their install CD. If I remember, version 5.0 or 5.0.1 was supplied on their IFinish 4.5 CD, and this caused all the headache.

I then downgraded to Quicktime 4.0 which had been working just fine with IFinish 3.0 and this continued to work perfectly with IFinish 4.5.

I have not disturbed the system configuration of our IFinish for well over 2 years now (don't fix something that ain't broke!) so I have no idea if Quicktime newer than 4.0 is compatible with IFinish 4.5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved