MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

BitVice Issues

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
qcostelloBitVice Issues
by on Oct 6, 2006 at 5:00:26 pm

I'm running M100i 8.2.3, Quicktime 7.1.3 and BitVice 1.7. I'm working mainly with 640X480 video that I've been exporting as a reference file and bringing into BitVice. Here are the settings that I would think work the best but still provide very poor results on my television set...

720X480 conversion using the bilinear scaler.
Interlaced input/Top Field First
Use Studio RGB
No DV color correction
No gamma 2.2

I've tried experimenting with the DVNC. I've tried exporting a DV movie and importing that into bitvice. I've tried re-doing my program at 720X480 and exporting a reference file. My video looks soft and blurry in a lot of shots and oftentimes the movement is somewhat staggered. I'm thinking this is an interlacing issue but I've tried every combination of interlaced/non-interlaced/top field/bottom field, etc.

So far, the best results have come from using the deinterlacer but it's still very unsatisfying compared to Compressor. My question is simply what combination of settings do you think would produce the best results with a 640X480 reference file from Media 100? Is there something I'm missing in the preferences? Please help me out. I've been trying to get this DVD done for weeks now. Much thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved