MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 xr

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
4freddieMedia 100 xr
by on Oct 2, 2006 at 11:35:03 pm

I have an older Media 100 xr system and I'm looking for a set of rack-ears for my junction box. Can anyone help me out?

Return to posts index

Chris ZwarRe: Media 100 xr
by on Oct 9, 2006 at 10:21:17 pm

If you don't get a response here, try going to the site and sign up for the IMUG list. It used to be the Media 100 users group (hence the M.U.G.) and still has heaps of Media 100 and former Media 100 editors on it. I'm sure you'll have some luck there.

Be aware- if you haven't signed up for an email based list before you may be a bit overwhelmed by the traffic. In Your email app, set up a folder and an email rule to sort them out for you, and you can always un-subscribe once you've got your mounts.

Motion Graphics Designer
Will animate for food

Return to posts index

4freddieRe: Media 100 xr
by on Oct 11, 2006 at 9:06:04 pm

Thanks Chris. I have a couple of local leads on Media 100 owners, but if that doesn't pan out, I'll try

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: Media 100 xr
by on Oct 12, 2006 at 12:47:49 am

Glad you've a couple of leads, as I was beginning to guilt trip, seeing as I actually have some ears, yet am being selfish and don't wanna give 'em away.

That said, I have seen a number of breakout boxes on ebay in the past, and these sometimes come with ears. If it's just the BOB with no software or capture card, the price can be quite cheap, and you can always resell the box again, once you've got your ears.

They're just pieces of metal with holes in though, that fall out when you unscrew the breakoutbox (kinda T shaped, with the top of the T inside the box, and the neck of the T poking out through the side slots). Dunno if that gives any scope for home made solutions.

But personally, my own advice, although I'm far from expert, would be to keep an eye on ebay, or also try asking any local Media100 resellers that might have been collecting parts when accepting returns or exchange-based upgrades (that's just a guess, I dunno if they actually do that or not).

Still, if you've some local leads, hopefully they'll lead to something, and you won't have to worry about any of this. ^_^.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved