MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Third party transitions?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leemceThird party transitions?
by on Sep 30, 2006 at 5:59:56 pm

Is anyone still making third party transitions for Media 100i-Mac? I just checked out the Pixelan site for Spice transitions but it appears that they only make transitions for the PC version of M100 now.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: Third party transitions?
by on Sep 30, 2006 at 6:24:27 pm

As far as I'm aware, the Boris FX plugin for M100, can use any After Effects Filters, so it's possible to use these for transitions, by selecting Boris FX as your transition, and then clicking custom settings...

Not all the After Effects plugins I have appear to work with Boris, but the vast majority of them do, and I assume some of them at least are third party ones.

Still, this is as far as my knowledge goes on this subject, as I'm only working on an old G4, OS9, Media100i 7.5, Boris FX 6, After Effects 5, etc....and the only extra filters I ever bought were the ICE Fx ones, which of course, were made by M100 themselves, so aren't really third party.

Although saying that, someone is selling Blue ICE cards on ebay at the moment for $75, however, it doesn't look like it comes with the software plugins, which makes it a bit redundant(?), unless the filters are online for download, but am not sure if they are, and even then, you'd need serial numbers. Ho-hum.

I'm waffling.

Hopefully someone else will come along who knows all about Spice and Pixelan and stuff, or any 3rd parties still making transitions, and will clue you up.

For now, this is my two cents.

Return to posts index

leemceRe: Third party transitions?
by on Oct 4, 2006 at 11:42:13 pm

Thanks Ajmetz. Sorry for the delay in responding; I've been away on shoots. Much appreciate your information. I'm going to follow up on it.

-- Lee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved