MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Cleaner 6.5.1 update!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek BruceCleaner 6.5.1 update!
by on Sep 28, 2006 at 5:46:07 pm

For any of you old school mac users like me who still believe in using Cleaner (6.5) for encoding, I noticed there is now an update available (6.5.1) which fixes some bugs/crashing problems. The 'known bugs' list is depressing though, I guess sooner or later I will have to invest in another software encoder!

Return to posts index

HolyCowSeattleRe: Cleaner 6.5.1 update! Yes, yes, we know..wrong forum...but hey...help us out!
by on Oct 6, 2006 at 1:20:41 am

Yes, it was a long awaited update. The whole "crash" once a batch is done issue is so yesterday.

Help needed.

We have had serious problems applying the update. The current (as of this date) installer seems to be corrupted in some manner. We have contacted autodesk/discreet to let them know, but you know how much they love to reply. ("thank you you feedback has been submitted.")

We had to unzip the installer on a PC to get into it, and even then it crashes halfway through the install.

If anyone has a working .zip of the update, please e-mail it, as we would greatly appreciate the update.

Thanks,
Punit

Return to posts index

Derek BruceRe: Cleaner 6.5.1 update! Yes, yes, we know..wrong forum...but hey...help us out!
by on Oct 6, 2006 at 3:00:03 pm

Hi there,

Have the same problem myself, the 'readme' file on the Autodesk site suggests that you need specifically OS 10.3.9 or 10.4.7! Don't know if this is relevant to you or the install problem, but the 10.4.7 update is for intel based macs - may have something to do with compatablity with non-intel macs? Probably just an Autodesk unreliable software problem! Anyway, let us know if you get anywhere with your enquiries - I think this subject is relative to this forum as most Cleaner users I know are Media 100 users as well!

Derek.

Return to posts index

Derek BruceRe: Cleaner 6.5.1 update! Yes, yes, we know..wrong forum...but hey...help us out!
by on Oct 7, 2006 at 8:52:14 pm

Just installed OS 10.4.7 on my quad PPC (non intel mac) and the Cleaner 6.5.1 update worked just fine. It didn't work when I tried to install it on my dual 2.7 with OS 10.4.5 - so if you haven't already, update your OS to use the Cleaner update.
Regards,

Derek.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]