MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

16 x 9 to quicktime

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukkee16 x 9 to quicktime
by on Sep 22, 2006 at 2:49:18 am

Hi,
I have a 16 x 9 project of about seven minutes which has to be delivered as a quicktime file. After exporting quicktime does not play the file in a 16 x 9 widescreen format but as an anamorphic, vertically stretched image.in a 4 x 3 frame. The end product is for a website which our client will be preparing the video for themselves in flash format.
Also, which would be the best codec to use for the export from Media 100 8.2? Animation at best rez delivers a huge file.
Thanks for your thoughts,
lc

Return to posts index

FlohRe: 16 x 9 to quicktime
by on Sep 22, 2006 at 6:18:08 am

QuickTime usually handles aspect ratios not very well. One option would be to pass it through AE to create a square pixel 16:9 file there. But I would check back with the client; if they are encoding it to Flash video anyway they can do the aspect ratio correction there.

Animation at full resolution would be a good source for Flash Video encoding.

Return to posts index

Joe RugbyRe: 16 x 9 to quicktime
by on Sep 22, 2006 at 2:51:27 pm

"Also, which would be the best codec to use for the export from Media 100 8.2? Animation at best rez delivers a huge file."

The other day I was doing something similar and in the Quicktime options I chose uncompressed 8 bit. It gave me a file similar in size to my original 300kb M100 files. When I exported as animation the file was substantially larger.

Cheers,

Joe

L.O.A.

Return to posts index

LukkeeRe: 16 x 9 to quicktime
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 1:21:19 am

Thanks.
The seven minute piece at animation full rez came up with a 12+ gig file, quicktime DV/DVC Pro codec (the only one that can do 16 x 9 out from Media100 SW) gave a 1.25 gig file.
The thing is my client is concerned that if they use flash to do the convert to 16 x 9 they will be degrading the video. (??) I actually sat with them through the conversion of a small sample file today from Quicktime anamorphic to a 320 x ---- 16 x 9 and it looked great!
We will see.
Thanks again.
lc

Return to posts index

LukkeeRe: 16 x 9 to quicktime
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 12:30:38 pm

There are actually a lot of 16 x 9 settings under the quicktime output in SW, still have to figure which is best to use.
lc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]