MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Too High Biy Rate Messge - I need to Convert Audio to AC-3

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Robbins
Too High Biy Rate Messge - I need to Convert Audio to AC-3
on Sep 14, 2006 at 3:12:42 pm

I made a 40 second test video in Media 100 and exported it as Reference then exported audio as uncompressed AIFF. I ran the The Video went through BitVIce with Studio RGB and the rest default settings, I chose the Crop setting at opening. I then ran the Audio through Compessor as an ACC Mp4 as I did not see AC-3 as an option.

I brought it all into DVDstudioPro made menu etc. It ran fine in Simulator. When I went to build or burn, I got the Video Bit Rate Too High message. So, I brought the video through BitVice again and lowered the rate to 7.50. I brought it back to dvdStudioPro and it Simulated fine but when i burn or build I get the Vido Bit Rate too high message.

I deleted the Audio Asset and the Video Built without the Too High Bit Rate message. So, my problem is with the audio.

I read that I should use A. Pack to convert Audio to an AC-3 file and that A .Pack ships with DVD StudioPro. I can't seem to find it . In Compressor I do not see the Audio option of AC-3 either.

Any Help from those that know?

jerome

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Too High Biy Rate Messge - I need to Convert Audio to AC-3
by
on Sep 14, 2006 at 3:19:29 pm

So you have left the BitVice settings (Quality sliders) at their defaults? Especially the "Aiming for" one?
Then you really need to convert your audio to AC3. If you have a stereo source file, put it into Compressor and use the "Dolby 2.0" setting from the "Audio" menu or one of the "Dolby 2.0" settings from the DVD menus. Should be no difference.

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: Too High Biy Rate Messge - I need to Convert Audio to AC-3
on Sep 14, 2006 at 4:01:13 pm

The AC3 encoding has shifted to Compressor now, so any reference to A Pack should be ignored.

Follow Floh's direction to find the AC-3, but beware that it defaults the "Dialog Normalization" to -27dBFS. If you've got your audio mixed how you want to, you can set this to -31dBFS. This stops any attenuation happening to your audio file. Otherwise your audio might sound quieter than you expect.

There are obviously good reasons to use the Dialog Normalization - but that's a discussion best left for you and the manual :o)

HTH

Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

Jerome Robbins
I need to Convert Audio to AC-3
on Sep 14, 2006 at 4:19:25 pm

Thanks for the responses.

This is what happens when I drag my 40 second Audio .MOV which is 8.7 MB into Compressors "source Media" window.

The file is listed in a highlighted line. For settings I choose Audio formats > Dolby 2.0, I hit Submit... It looks like it is doing it and then I get the error message "The application Batch Monitor has unexpectedly quit."

I can't get passed this.

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: I need to Convert Audio to AC-3
on Sep 15, 2006 at 11:44:32 am

Try changing the file to a .aif rather than a .MOV - that might help. Also are you using the audio file that Bitvice creates, or one you have exported yourself ?

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]