MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

import flash into Media 100i

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregimport flash into Media 100i
by on Sep 13, 2006 at 7:29:28 pm

Is there a way to take a client's flash animation and video and import it into Media 100i 8.2.1 to edit? What's the best way? Do I need to have the client convert it to Quicktime on their end? Thanks.

Return to posts index

JoeRe: import flash into Media 100i
by on Sep 13, 2006 at 8:36:55 pm

You may be able to import into After Effects.

Return to posts index

GregRe: import flash into Media 100i
by on Sep 13, 2006 at 8:50:18 pm

I don't have AE Any other thoughts?

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: import flash into Media 100i
by on Sep 14, 2006 at 1:16:14 pm

Hi Greg,

You can download a freeware screen recorder (silverscreen recorder springs to mind, but there are others) and use that to capture the flash animation (by playing it in say Safari) to QT.

Hope that helps

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: import flash into Media 100i
by on Sep 16, 2006 at 11:25:56 am

I wasn't gonna respond to this, as I thought my method might be archaic, and take too long.

But two points:
When at Uni, 1999-2003, we were always told you could import Quicktime, or Shockwave Flash straight into Media100. This was when the Uni had Media100i 7.5, and Flash was up to version 5. I believe it referred to swf files, and not fla files.
I never tried this however.

What I used to do instead was one of two approaches:
I had Flash 5 myself on my PC,
so any animation I had done, I could export to an uncompressed AVI.
Then I could import the AVI into Media100.
I say two approaches, because at first, I used to export a Bitmap Image Sequence from Flash, and then use Rad Video Tools's Bink Video, to collate these into a single AVI, and then burn to CD, and take into Uni to import into Media100. But then a bit later, I discovered I could export straight to AVI from Flash 5 itself.

Now we're up to Flash 8, I'm not sure what the options are.
But I would assume Flash 8 would still allow you to export a flash animation as a movie of some kind.

The only problem with image sequences or uncompressed AVIs, is they take a lot of hard drive space, and a lot of time to import into M100.

Most of my animations were around 1minute, and would take a Gig or two to export, and then a 15min wait to import.

Like I said, there are probably easier ways out there.
Just surprised no one more knowledgable has posted a better suggestion.

If the client is able to convert it to quicktime at their end, that's gonna be better overall, isn't it?
I assume they could open their project up in Flash, and export to any format, though I'd have to check up on the latest version to see what the options are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved