MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Platinum Contract-Once bitten twice shy.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tankboyPlatinum Contract-Once bitten twice shy.
by on Sep 4, 2006 at 10:13:36 pm

Hi folks

I'm just about to move up to a Media 100 (V11) Hde suite. My supplier has asked me to consider a platinum contract, but the last time I did that (back at V8.1) I didn't see Jack for the money spent. By that I really do mean I didn't see anything, nothing, nada. So I'm reluctant to hand over hard earned cash again. What do you guys think do you see any potential value in the Platinum contracts?

Now would be a really good time for someone from the media100/boris team to come forward and reassure me as to the value of paying for a platinum contract.

Cheers in advance for your thoughts.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

DrolloRe: Platinum Contract-Once bitten twice shy.
by on Sep 5, 2006 at 7:05:53 am

The last time they offer Platinum contracts with V8, thay have nothing new to offer with an obsolete hardware and the prices were too expensive. I remember to pay 3000$ for a Platinum Contract for a Media 100 XS. We also payed 9000$ for the Platinum for our 844X and we never received 844X v3.0.4 once Media 100 felt into Optibase

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Platinum Contract-Once bitten twice shy.
by on Sep 5, 2006 at 8:22:42 pm

Well, I guess I would be the one to respond to you. The support team is my responsibility here at BorisFX-Media 100.

Support is one our biggest prioities as we rebuild the Media 100 brand here at BorisFX, it may be our biggest priority. Boris and I have gone to great lengths to make sure that we build the best support system for our customers. It makes good business sense for us to do so. We want our customers to be happy so you will continue to do business with us in the future. It

Return to posts index

johnRe: Platinum Contract-Once bitten twice shy.
by on Sep 6, 2006 at 12:15:32 am

so i think tankboy, that a comprehensive and forthright response like the one above from dave c.
within hours of your post, speaks volumes for what has happened and what is happening at media100.

of course we are all cautious about spending money again after the 844 debacle and the rotting of the Mac
product line so i can only offer up my belief that Boris Y is serious about making the m100 unit work but not
at the expense of the users.

to me its like the Mac Business Unit at Microsoft. Well managed and well run with
competent software releases it is MS's most proftable unit. They make what users want
and are rewarded.

make sure you post any bugs or ideas you have for the future releases. they are listening!

Return to posts index

tankboyRe: Platinum Contract-Once bitten not shy anymore!
by on Sep 6, 2006 at 6:43:43 am

Thanks alot for that David it's great to see someone put their hand up and respond to us on the front line. It gives me confidence. I get the sense things have really changed in your neck of the woods. I think I'll go Platinum.

Cheers again - Tankboy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved