MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

progressive interlace export HELP!!!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Rowleyprogressive interlace export HELP!!!
by on Aug 30, 2006 at 9:42:21 am

I have just finished a few graphic elements elaborated in Boris FX 8.0 and M100 (8.2.2). The graphics will be projected in a big stadium on giant screens. The projection company has asked that I give them the files saving them with progressive interlacing. The graphics will not be laid back to tape but projected by computer (a PC). Could someone translate their request in m100 export language? There is nothing in my M100 export options that rings a bell for me... I need to hammer this down today if possible...
Thanks!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: progressive interlace export HELP!!!
by on Aug 30, 2006 at 9:50:20 am

The question is related to giving elements as interlaced (with fields) as you normally would do e.g. on tape, or as progressive (without fields), which can be used on LCDs/TFTs/Plasmas much better, since these displays cannot show progressive footage correctly.
Media 100 i does always work in interlaced mode. If you want to create a progressive movie from your interlaced footage you need to convert it somewhere. The question is how you are going to deliver this stuff. If you are giving them files (e.g. MPEG2 files) you need to convert your QuickTimes anyway, and most likely I(depending on the software you are going to use) this would be the best stage to do the deinterlacing. Definitely you want to export the files from Media 100 as usual as "By Reference" files, and then do the deinterlacing either in e.g. AfterEffects or in your encoding software.

Return to posts index

Kim RowleyRe: progressive interlace export HELP!!!
by on Aug 30, 2006 at 10:33:43 am

Thanks Floh. I have a friend who can do the deinterlacing with After Effects who works in a studio not far from me. I don't have After Effects installed on my M100. To ensure the highest quality how should I export the file. "By reference" as you suggested wouldn't work in this case. Thanks a million.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: progressive interlace export HELP!!!
by on Aug 30, 2006 at 10:46:51 am

If your friend has a Mac with OSX 10.3 or later export as Self-Contained. Make sure that he installs the Media 100 codecs on his system.
If your friend uses a PC and Quicktime below QT7 he can use the iFinish Transcoder to read your file.

Return to posts index

Kim RowleyRe: progressive interlace export HELP!!!
by on Aug 30, 2006 at 12:51:19 pm

Fantastic. You really came through and saved the day. (As usual!) I'll do as you suggest. I'm sure it'll work fine. Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]