MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Codec ... where'd ya go?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Stoner
Media 100 Codec ... where'd ya go?
on Aug 29, 2006 at 5:07:28 am

using media 100 8.1.1. and quicktime 6.5.3

it's been a long time since i've needed to use it, but i can't seem to export anything from quicktime using the media 100 codec, because, well, it's not there. no idea where it's gone.

any suggestions for a fix? what file should i search for, and where should i put it?

thanks!

js

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Media 100 Codec ... where'd ya go?
by
on Aug 29, 2006 at 6:24:43 am

It sounds like you

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Stoner
on Aug 29, 2006 at 6:02:03 pm

thanks floh ...

i downloaded as you suggested. the resulting folder has two files: a folder named "OS X" which is empty, and a file called "media 100 codecs install". when i click on that file, i get a message saying "there is no default application associated with this document".

huh? since when do installers need an application associated with them? i'm confused.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 29, 2006 at 6:06:47 pm

Either you need to download the newest version of StuffIt expander or you need to redownload the codecs. I just downloaded them and I get a zip file containing an application. If you get a folder you also could try to add a .app extension to the name of the folder. Maybe something got wrong with your download and instead of seeing an application you see the actual bundle with its content. Adding .app to the folder name should revert it to a application bundle.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Stoner
on Aug 29, 2006 at 6:18:52 pm

ugh. i give up. downloaded the newest stuffit, ran the installer, and now i get a message saying the software to be installed needs OX 10.3. i have 10.2.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]