MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Codec question ?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Bertay
Codec question ?
on Aug 28, 2006 at 5:17:19 pm

I'm having this strange problem when exporting a clip in M100 HD (10.1). Sometimes but not always, the exported clip have this codec -Xfer-. I guess it has something to do with alpha channel. The problem is that i can't reimport it in M100 without rerendered which is a pain with a 1 hour movie.

Am i doing something wrong, any idea ?

Tommy

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Codec question ?
by
on Aug 28, 2006 at 5:33:26 pm

What are you exporting (video, audio or both, SD or HD)? What codec did you digitize into? Are you exporting by ref, self contained or what? Have you tried upgrading to V10.1.4?

Return to posts index

Thomas Bertay
on Aug 28, 2006 at 6:04:47 pm

I work in version 10.1.4. I export audio & video. The problem appears periodically if i export by ref or self contained. I usually work with M100i codec but the problem appears the same way with m100 HD codec (always in SD). The problem seems to be connected to black clip : the same program exported without black clips at the beginning of the timeline has the right codec in apple i (either HD or M100i)

Tommy

Return to posts index

Joe
by
on Aug 28, 2006 at 7:49:07 pm

Have you tried to create a black image in photoshop and substitute that for any m100 generated black clips?

Return to posts index

Thomas
on Aug 29, 2006 at 1:24:36 pm

I've tried that once, and i think it worked. The problem is that i have film archives .mov that i would like to master to tape and their codec is -Xfermedia100- instead of i or HD. Another strange thing about these files is when i want to make a DVD video using Toast (the simpliest way i found), toast refuses to encode in mpeg-2 and always make a really bad mpeg-1 disc. Really strange. Can't figure out.

Tommy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]