MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Outputting Green Screen shots for after effects work

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg
Outputting Green Screen shots for after effects work
by
on Aug 26, 2006 at 12:10:24 am

I have a client who is hiring me to shoot a green screen project. We're shooting on Beta SP. They want me to provide them all the green screen video in a way that they can take it and chroma key and edit it in after effects.

I did this for them a few years ago, and don't remember how I did it. What I seem to remember is creating AVI files and saving them on an external hard drive. The only problem we encountered was that the drive I used was formatted for Mac only, and they needed to download some program to use that hard drive.

Can anyone walk me through the best way of giving this client the highest quality files so they can work with these files on their PC/after effects? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Outputting Green Screen shots for after effects work
by
on Aug 26, 2006 at 9:06:06 am

If they want to do the chroma keying themselves, edit the clips they are going to use and export them as "Uncompressed" QuickTimes from your timeline (using the Animation codec at its hightes settings). This is a very universal codec that can be read by AE on the PC as well as on the Mac, plus by many other applications.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]