MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Deleteing unused media workflow

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy TaplinDeleteing unused media workflow
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 12:30:02 pm

Anyone got a neat and reliable workflow for deleting unused media?

Basically I want to keep all the 360KB On-line video; used audio; and AFX renders used in a projects programmes and delete all the off-line video - normaly between 60 and 90KB; unused audio; AFX renders; transitions etc.

I can't see a way to accurately do this without maunally deleting from the drive which is a very laborious process!

Any ideas out there?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Deleteing unused media workflow
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 12:35:56 pm

If you are using a "clean" project approach (meaning that only media from this project and no shared media is in the folders that are in your Media locations) you can use the "Find Media" command. Search for all unused media files in your master timeline (video, audio or whatever you want to delete). A bin gets created with all unused clips in it. Select them and use the Alt & Delete keys to move all related media to the trash. Open your timeline to see if there

Return to posts index

Andy TaplinRe: Deleteing unused media workflow
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 2:35:56 pm

Thanks once more Floh

I've had bad experiences with this method before but in my latest system I think it's more relaiable.

Seems to be a limit to the number of clips in a bin (>1000?) after which you can't select, delete etc. (parameter error) so I'm doing audio, video etc seperately- which is probably safer anyway.

Also I'm getting an 'Error 1' when searching for clips in a particular project (directory corruption?) so might need to do some manual deleting there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved