MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Changing Sample Audio Rates

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944Changing Sample Audio Rates
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 4:48:34 am

I've been working on a project at 48kz and have found some new footage shot on a consumer camera at 32Kz. How do I convert this audio to work with my current project. When I select 48kz in the hardware setup is is reset by the computer saying it detects 32k footage and is changing the settings. This is probably very easy but its late and my deadline is approaching. Thanks for your help in advance. Kind Regards, Chris

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Changing Sample Audio Rates
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 7:04:41 am

If you are on Media 100 i you can only record the "original" sample rate via the digital inputs. Unlike on Media 100 V10 and up no sample rate conversion happens on digitizing your footage. To bring in footage that has been shot on a different sample rate use the analog inputs and set the system to the sample rate you are using (48kHz). And don

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Changing Sample Audio Rates
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 9:45:59 pm

Hi Chris,

An alternative method is to digitise the footage at 32Khz as normal, set the hardware preferences back to 48khz, then re-import the audio with the "import" tool in the menu (rather than dragging) from you media folder. The import tool has a dialogue box that will allow you to convert the audio to 48khz. After importing you can re-sync the audio to the video on the time line.

This approach is good if the digitising has already been done and you either haven't the time, or nolonger have the tapes to hand to redigitise.

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Changing Sample Audio Rates
by on Aug 17, 2006 at 5:59:25 am

Thanks Kieran - Thanks Floh!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved